Author Topic: Cement Factory Fund Raising  (Read 6900 times)

Offline Eric

Cement Factory Fund Raising
« on: October 24, 2007, 11:01:28 AM »
I am hoping to have some positive news by the end of the week so watch this forum... ;):D
In the meantime we have instructed a lawyer from Antalya and Fethiye Architects Bureau have agreed to pay his bill but not his expenses. To this end we have been asked by the Turkish committee in joining them to raise funds to go towards this and any expert witness fees.
If you would like to make a donation please contact us and we will of course keep books to show income and expenditure.
Many thanks
Fi & Eric

Offline UzumluH2o

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 16:42:23 PM »
On Friday, me and my wife, along with Fi & Eric and Lyn & Mario decide to find what we could from the various nocks and cranies in our des res's in Üzümlü and try our luck at the Çalis; carboot sale today. To which end we managed to raise almost 300 YTL towards the fund to fight the Cement factory project. Also thanks to Margeret and Rod for their donation of plants grown with their own green fingers. If we can do it whats stopping everyone else from donating to the fund in what ever form it takes? It affects everyone, even in Çalis; and Fethiye, so please respond favourably and get your fingers out.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 16:44:22 PM by UzumluH2o »

Offline Don

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 15:38:25 PM »
Hi Fi & Eric, I would like to make donation but being in England for the winter (what a bummer!) is there anyway that us lot over here can make a donation? Nice to see you again Don & Tracey

Offline Steve (redding43)

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 19:37:50 PM »
Is someone has PayPal perhaps you can donate to them through that?

Offline Eric

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 06:25:41 AM »
If anyone in the UK wants to donate I have a spare bank account I can use for this purpose. Contact me for details through my profile.
If in Turkey then I can arrange to meet anyone who wants to donate.
Thanks
Fi

Offline peterw

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 09:32:11 AM »
Can't help much with fundraising events, since we don't get over to Uzumlu very often, but we're happy to throw YTL100 into the pot.  

We have a "bagman" in Uzumlu who could pay in YTL - I assume this is the more convenient option, rather than the UK account?

Peter & Jacquie

Offline Firo

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2007, 09:46:24 AM »
Peterw, thanks for the offer and yes someone who can pay locally is preferable. Contact me through my profile and I can give you a contact number.
Thanks
Fi & Eric

Offline scorcher

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2007, 12:51:18 PM »
Hello All,
having just put a "lumpy" deposit down on a villa in Uzumlu we have been avidly following the "cement factory" saga on this site.To that end I phoned our agent who is dealing with the transaction (Villa Office opp.main mosque) to find out the latest  news.
He catagorically told me that the cement project had been scrapped once and for all (some might say he would wouldnt he). However,speak as you find,I like him and trust him implicitly. It might be an idea to pop into the office for further verification?
Hope that I am correct on this,obviously - if not I am,of course ready to add to the fighting fund.Will be in Uzumlu 26th Nov- 3rd
Dec. My best regards to all.

Offline chris tippett

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2007, 17:57:24 PM »
Scorcher, what great news!! All our fears are at last put to rest. This must be true if you got it direct from a local estate agent.

Offline scorcher

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2007, 18:56:22 PM »
Ah ,Mr Tippett,
Just for a second there-I almost believed you! I have of course,read and been intrigued by your past posts. At the very least,I must say,that you are quick off the starting block. Possibly you might have missed my caveat? Hope springs eternal...... My best wishes.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf