Author Topic: Cement Factory Fund Raising  (Read 7093 times)

Offline saoirse

Cement Factory Fund Raising
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2007, 08:09:57 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Firo

Peterw has put it perspective. We have won one battle now we have to win the war.
The reasons for continuing are as previously stated. So YES we are winning but we want all the t's crossed before we celebrate.
We have been told that when we have the court ruling even Urantas would not dare go ahead hence why we are taking the next step.
Hope this is clear enough for you to understand Chris Tippett.
Fi

Firo I think you have done a tremendous job and whilst you have pointed out, there is very much still a long way to go, this news is great progress. Well done.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2007, 08:45:25 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by chris tippett

Eric, were you a politician in an earlier life? Please answer the following question YES or NO.

Sounds to me that you are more like a politician than Eric & Fiona, Chris. Sit back and let others do all the hard work, then bark questions at them.

Offline voyageur

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2007, 11:11:45 AM »
Well said Chris. I have lived here
for 8 years. If they all think this is finished think again. Look at the quarry the other side of the Ova this was stopped by Ankara but within 3 weeks started up again under another licence and so it goes on..........

quote:
Originally posted by chris tippett

Dear Scorcher,I go into the village every day to shop, I get out of bed on the left side and I certainly do not have the temerity to claim any great powers of wisdom. All I would claim, is that having lived in Uzumlu for the past 18 months, I am very painfully aware of the workings of the Turkish bureaucratic system. A court case could take years to resolve and as Firo has said Urantas could still go ahead and build anyway.
The Ministy decision is a welcome step forward but I am not yet ready to put the flags out.

Offline Firo

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2007, 14:13:47 PM »
Voyager,
Please do not be so condesending in treating us like people who have said "well thats all over now", for goodness sake read the full post I made. We have won the battle not the war and we are not stopping until it is won hence the court case continuing.
As for quoting the quarry opposite the Ova we are fighting to stop the cement factory & lime Kiln first and foremost which is a totally different beast to a quarry. When that problem is put to bed finally then we will look into the problems of the quarries.

We are at least one step further ahead than you & Chris Tippett ever thought we would be.
Thanks once again for your support in your postings on the subject.
Fi

(If they all think this is finished think again. Look at the quarry the other side of the Ova this was stopped by Ankara but within 3 weeks started up again under another licence and so it goes on..........)

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2007, 15:14:46 PM »
:(:(I am amazed.  We have a great bunch of people working their arses off trying to progress this situation; and other people, rather than supporting and putting in efforts to help, pick holes and throw in negative comments.  We are ALL hoping and supporting the same result, so come on Mr Tippett and friends, give them some positive thoughts and gratitude.    

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2007, 23:29:14 PM »
Well done to all those involved and good luck with your continuing fight.

Mr Tippett was quick to jump in when I posted a picture of the proposed site (my picture) taken from his 'best friends'(and my friends)garden - asking if I had had the courtesy to ask permission to post it. Maybe he now might have the courtesy to thank those who have worked so hard to try and stop this development and in turn stop the inevitable reduction in house prices that would have followed.

I guess not though.

Offline carlan

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2007, 06:52:11 AM »
Stoop..... I seem to remember the photos you posted of the proposed site were your own, taken 'FROM' your friends garden, not taken 'OF' your friends garden, so can't see why 'anyone' would suggest you needed permission to post pictures of the local scenery!!!

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2007, 18:37:27 PM »
Carlan - my thoughts exactly. Thank you.

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2007, 19:14:53 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by stoop

and in turn stop the inevitable reduction in house prices that would have followed.

You said it Stoop.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2007, 21:18:33 PM »
I know I did. Your point is[?]
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 00:00:34 AM by stoop »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf