Author Topic: Has anyone used excess baggage.com  (Read 2648 times)

Offline Emvs2002

Has anyone used excess baggage.com
« on: January 10, 2008, 11:49:57 AM »
Hi

Just would like to thank everyone that has helped me recently. Well i come across this website and it seems to be ok but wondered if anyone has used it before its one of the first to come up in google its www.excess-baggage.com

There rates seem fair but than i havent been able to compare with other companies.

The example he gave me was by air for 50kg it would cost around £281 pounds which included there handle fee but would have to pay extra at Antalya for there taxes. He said it was £3.81 i think per kilo

By sea it was even cheaper he went by the size of the package and compared it to an average of 50kg to Izmir would cost about £155 plus the fee's izmir would charge when picking up.

Is this a good rate or deal. Any comments would be fanastic

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 12:21:04 PM »
Considering that most airlines charge £4 per kilo for excess baggage and they are quoting £5.62 per kilo PLUS £3.81 per kilo for "taxes", I don't think I'd be rushing to use them.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 17:17:02 PM »
Most airlines charge £6 per kilo now Alan but this sounds like a lot of hastle to me.

Offline Emvs2002

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 17:57:45 PM »
well i will be paying for these guys to come and collect my extra baggage from my door instead of me trying to get it all the way down to Gatwick from coventry with a suitcase and my daughter in her pushchair. It convenience more than anything but was just hoping someone had used this company before.

I can cope with hassel once im there as long as it gets there and i do get my things. evenually!!!! The other drives so collecting isnt a problem with me. I just want it out of here and over there the easiest cheapest way, not to much to ask for,he he he

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf