Author Topic: Electric meters  (Read 9293 times)

Offline mark swift

Electric meters
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2008, 03:26:15 AM »
cheers thanks for the info
rgds

mark

quote:
Originally posted by batman

Hi Mark, I have a semi detached villa near the centre of the village, it was built 5 years ago. We have one supply from the electricity pole but have seperate meters for each villa, but it only one plot divided in half with each owner havinbg TAPU for 50% ownership. If you have seperate plots you should have seperate supplies and this would proberly have happened if there were two seperate builders, sounds if he's trying it on to save himself a paying for two supplies. Perhaps someone else on the forum might be able to explain how to get another supply put in and how much ! Did you have a contract? Good luck. Paul.

Offline mark swift

Electric meters
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2008, 03:28:17 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by batman

Hi Mark, I have a semi detached villa near the centre of the village, it was built 5 years ago. We have one supply from the electricity pole but have seperate meters for each villa, but it only one plot divided in half with each owner havinbg TAPU for 50% ownership. If you have seperate plots you should have seperate supplies and this would proberly have happened if there were two seperate builders, sounds if he's trying it on to save himself a paying for two supplies. Perhaps someone else on the forum might be able to explain how to get another supply put in and how much ! Did you have a contract? Good luck. Paul.

thanks for info Paul

Offline mark swift

Electric meters
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2008, 06:34:21 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by chris tippett

Dear Mark, the builder is lieing but hey there is no such thing in Turkey as standard practice!We are in a complex of 9 villas - none of the 9 centrally located meters relate to the appropriate house! Our bill for our electric usage comes in a neighbours name! I have tried to sort out the problem for the past 18 months but without success. I now just live with it and pay our bill but in someone elses name! If the builder won't help you could try to find an approved electrician to install a separate meter - but you will end up paying. Welcome to the joys of Turkish life!!! Good Luck

Hi Chris

I have held back on my final balance till meters are fitted to both villa's, builder is not happy

Offline chris tippett

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2008, 17:29:46 PM »
dear Mark,not sure I understand your latest comment. I assume one bill which covers both properties is on its way - elec bills with us are next read last week in Feb - and I expect unless you have a very understanding builder you will have to pay it. Get both meters installed and take your initial reading with the builder and a witness.  Hopefully this will sort the problem. All the best, Chris

Offline mark swift

Electric meters
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2008, 20:38:22 PM »
quote:

dear Mark,not sure I understand your latest comment. I assume one bill which covers both properties is on its way - elec bills with us are next read last week in Feb - and I expect unless you have a very understanding builder you will have to pay it. Get both meters installed and take your initial reading with the builder and a witness.  Hopefully this will sort the problem. All the best, Chris

Hi Chris, sorry think I have miss led you, I have not paid the builder the final balance what is owed to build the villa, our contract says final balance paid on completion, so i said to the builder, the villa's are not complete till 2 meters are fitted and registered to the of each villa.

He says it is up to Tedas (elec Co) and could take some time, I said not my problem, he is not happy.

Rgds

Mark

Offline Eric

Electric meters
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2008, 08:39:46 AM »
Its not up to Tedas.  The builder installs the meters, then informs Tedas who come to inspect the installation and adopt the meter.  Our builder installed a new meter, to replace the one he had been using during the build, on a Tuesday, he then informed Tedas who came up on the Friday and adopted the new meter.

Eric

Offline mark swift

Electric meters
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2008, 15:18:28 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Eric

Its not up to Tedas.  The builder installs the meters, then informs Tedas who come to inspect the installation and adopt the meter.  Our builder installed a new meter, to replace the one he had been using during the build, on a Tuesday, he then informed Tedas who came up on the Friday and adopted the new meter.

Eric

Hi Eric

Thanks for this information.

Rgds

Mark

Offline chris tippett

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2008, 16:45:51 PM »
Hi Mark, we have a theory that many builders deliberately fall out with their clients so that, in frustration, we take our problems elsewhere and end up paying to resolve the issue even though we have a 10 year builders guarantee. If you still owe the builder some cash you may, if you stand your ground, get the work done. If the builder won't budge you have no electricity and you will not get your tapu. People on this site wonder why I am so cynical about things here but your story, unfortunately, is typical of the many horrors that abound. I wish you well but, in my opinion, everything here is stacked against us and weighted in favour of the Turks.

Offline mark swift

Electric meters
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2008, 17:19:48 PM »
quote:

Hi Mark, we have a theory that many builders deliberately fall out with their clients so that, in frustration, we take our problems elsewhere and end up paying to resolve the issue even though we have a 10 year builders guarantee. If you still owe the builder some cash you may, if you stand your ground, get the work done. If the builder won't budge you have no electricity and you will not get your tapu. People on this site wonder why I am so cynical about things here but your story, unfortunately, is typical of the many horrors that abound. I wish you well but, in my opinion, everything here is stacked against us and weighted in favour of the Turks.

Hi again Chris

I purposely held back on some cash for those reasons, I do also have my Tapu so no problem there, we are also connected with all utilities no problem there, but the electric is one common meter to both villas, it is quite old , so i suspect it is the one he used for the build, I expect 2 seperate meters from the mains supply to be fitted and registered with Tedas otherwise he doesn't get paid the rest of his money, so hopefully I still hold a few cards yet.

Rgds

Mark

Offline sporran

Electric meters
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2008, 21:33:23 PM »
Hi Chris, I dont think you are cynical, I think you speak the truth, unfortunately your comments dont go down well with some people.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf