Author Topic: Electric meters  (Read 9296 times)

Offline chris tippett

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2008, 16:00:09 PM »
Mark, you have played the game very well. Better than most. Isn't it a shame we have to resort to these measures to get things done here? One day the Turks will learn.
Sporran, thanks for your comments. I think I said many,many months ago on here I am just trying to put some perspective on things to enable people who are perhaps thinking of moving here to get a balanced view.
If you know what may lie ahead you can be better prepared. Nothing p****s me off more here than hearing about us Brits being ripped off and our good natures being taken for a ride.

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Electric meters
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2008, 23:52:23 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by chris tippett

One day the Turks will learn.

Mr Tippett, What a condescending git you are. I think the Turks have learned and are treating you as you deserve.[:(!]

Offline chris tippett

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2008, 10:27:11 AM »
Dear Kenkay, I note you are writing this from Manchester? I assume you come here for the occassional week or 2 on holiday? Very nice. When you have lived here for some time you will understand where I am coming from and your views may then have some validity.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Electric meters
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2008, 10:47:16 AM »
Chris,

It sounds absolutely awful for you, being ripped off and treated the way you say you have been. I can't imagine just how you get through. However, I think I have a solution.

Bugger off back to the UK.

Offline calvin 1949

Electric meters
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2008, 11:07:16 AM »
Sounds like the Tippett is winding people up again!!!

Offline chris tippett

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2008, 11:58:08 AM »
Dear Scunner, may I remind you that Mark started this thread and he raised his concerns about his Turkish builder who, it sounds to me (and others), is trying to rip him off. I have tried to give my best advice and I have now been called 'a condescending git' by Kenray and told to 'bugger off' by you. Both these remarks add little to the discussion and are a sad reflection on the writers. I thought this was a discussion forum where views can be openly aired. Views are welcome provided they are in line with yours?
And Calvin, I am not winding anyone up just trying to add balance and perspective.

Offline calvin 1949

Electric meters
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2008, 12:01:20 PM »
soz just trying to defuse situation

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Electric meters
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2008, 12:03:12 PM »
I am disappointed that my remarks are a sad reflection on me.

Your remarks put you in a far more favourable light. I see that from the replies you invariably get when you moan eternally about the place you decided to up sticks and move to. Even the Uzumlu protest people requested that you shut up! Why are you here Chris?

Views are welcome, they don't have to be "in line with mine". I'm just thankful that none of them are in line with yours.

Offline pegleg

Electric meters
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2008, 12:36:59 PM »
no chris you are not a condescening git (how insulting)
you are saying what a lot of people here think. they talk among themselves but not on an open forum.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Electric meters
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2008, 12:47:14 PM »
Well you have certainly changed your tune since your "hello all just found this forum, i have been living here for 2 years and love the village and the people" introduction on the 8th December.

Which is it?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf