Author Topic: Electric meters  (Read 9315 times)

Offline chris tippett

« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2008, 12:52:44 PM »
Thank you Pegleg. I put on here what I think, and I agree with you, possibly what many people think, but they perhaps are wary of being so open. On this thread I have tried to help Mark and on the other thread on which I've commented (the Cement Factory) it could presently be said that my concerns are coming being borne out.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Electric meters
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2008, 12:56:49 PM »
Sounds to me like the Costa del Sol, people moving to get away from the UK then moaning that the electric bills should be in English and you can't get marmite.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Electric meters
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2008, 15:11:35 PM »
Oh dear - here we go again:(.  

Chris, I don't think anyone is arguing that you don't have a right to voice your opinion - of course you do, the same as everyone else on this forum.  As a bystander, and someone who likes to live and let live, I would like to add however that it does seem as though you don't have a good word to say for 'The Turks'. Now, I am sure this is not true, otherwise you would not have bought in Uzumlu, and I am sure you are a very nice person (lots have told me you are  ;)), but I think it is your 'Victor Meldrew' approach that seems to grate with people.  I wonder if you see a half filled glass or a half empty glass ?  I personally think that you know exactly what to say to encourage the responses that you seem to attract  :)

Chris, to prove your critics wrong, let us know all the positives that you see in Turkey, the positives that you saw and enjoyed and encouraged you to buy and move there.......go on, there must be some  :) :)

Offline chris tippett

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2008, 17:02:07 PM »
Dear Pookie, this thread was started by Mark to discuss a specific problem he was having with his builder and the electric meter. I don't know Mark and I did not ask him to post on here. All I did was try to offer a fellow Brit some constructive help and I've since been called a git, Victor Meldrew and told to bugger off out of the country! I DON"T BELIEVE IT !
This is Mark's thread on a specific subject and certainly not appropriate therefore to discuss my views on Turkey.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Electric meters
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2008, 17:58:15 PM »
Start another one then, we're all interested :D

Offline chris tippett

« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2008, 18:35:05 PM »
Scunner, I know we all have a lot of time on our hands and I notice that you proudly claim to be the "Chairman of the Bored' but there are a million better things to do than debtate my views on Turkey.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Electric meters
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2008, 18:38:29 PM »
No time to debate them but plenty time to bore us with them

Offline Mr. Tibbs

Electric meters
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2008, 21:05:38 PM »
Oh how I love this forum.  Even on a very foggy freezing night in the U.K. and after a bottle of red, it never fails to have me in fits.  Keep it up chaps!  Scunner you are a star:D

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Electric meters
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2008, 23:34:31 PM »
Wrong Mr Tippett [:(!]. I have owned a Duplex in Calis since 2004. I have had a great deal of work carried out by Turkish tradesmen. However as I treat them with respect, I have NOT encountered a single problem.  8)

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Electric meters
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2008, 06:08:25 AM »
Nothing personal in this but if Mr Tippet buggered of to the Uk as suggested would he become Mr Tippex[?] :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf