Author Topic: Electric meters  (Read 9085 times)

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Electric meters
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2008, 08:42:35 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by chris tippett

Dear Pookie, this thread was started by Mark to discuss a specific problem he was having with his builder and the electric meter. I don't know Mark and I did not ask him to post on here. All I did was try to offer a fellow Brit some constructive help and I've since been called a git, Victor Meldrew and told to bugger off out of the country! I DON"T BELIEVE IT !
This is Mark's thread on a specific subject and certainly not appropriate therefore to discuss my views on Turkey.

For gods sake Chris !  I was on your side, saying that you are not as people believe, and wanted you to prove them all wrong.....!!    I surrender :(:-\

Offline pegleg

Electric meters
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2008, 10:04:26 AM »
cany you read scunner? we passed a comment.did not say anything about üzümlü or the turkish people. we still think we live in a very pleasant area and have a good relationship with the locals. and we think all that chris is saying,( beware of business men in suits)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Electric meters
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2008, 10:42:59 AM »
Apologies, I can't read. I don't know how I managed to set up this website at all, but being illiterate has never held me back.

My point (or at least one of the many that Mr. T seems to bring out in people) is that cryptically suggesting that all is not rosey in the valley and criticising "the Turks" who will "never learn" is a horrific outlook. How admirable that Chris has battled on through, with (to date) not a positive experience to share with any of us. Cheap sideswipes at an entire country of people ("the Turks") are worthy of reporting here, whereas the many pleasant experiences we all enjoy are not evident from him.

Mr. Tippett suggests that this is what all people are saying in private, but only he is prepared to bring it into the public arena. The truth is, he has brought nothing of the sort here, just the diluted suggestion that unnamed people might be irritating to deal with if you are British.

If there is a story, he can name names. Right here. They won't shoot him, if anything they'd probably shoot me. The never ending negativity without fact comes across as whispered bigotry without substance, can you tell me what that achieves, or who that benefits?

I would agree that in certain situations, business men in suits should make you wary. That isn't something specific to Turkey. If a man in a smart suit holding a clipboard knocks on your front door unannounced in the UK, his friend is generally in your bedroom, looking for the jewelery box  :)

Offline calvin 1949

Electric meters
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2008, 11:22:46 AM »
a bit strange that this topic recieves 5 pages ,when a cry for help receives just one, perhaps some of this energy (sorry aggession) should be  directed towards the cement factory?? lighten up life is to short

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Electric meters
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2008, 15:22:59 PM »
Where's the aggression?

Offline Brandi

Electric meters
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2008, 15:37:20 PM »
When we bought our apt (in a block of 6) there was only one meter and we were told the seller would put in seperate meters for each apt.  We did have to nag a wee bit but eventually this did happen. Unfortunately, they left two rooms on the communal meter so we still have a bit of sorting out to do.  We bought in 2004 but we are nearly there now.

Whilst on the subject of tradesmen, getting things done and name and shame - we also had our roof replaced by Nedim which still needs him to come back and fix some teething problems.  We have been trying now for over a year to get Nedim to come back - so if anyone reading this sees him - please ask him to go and see Laura's roof!!

I wish you luck getting the meters sorted out.  It will eventually get done and I think you are in a good position in withholding some of the cash.  My only advise is - forget how things happen in Uk and remember you are dealing with people who have different views and priorities.  We worry about possession (I'm not saying that Turkish people don't) my point is that the Turkish seem to care more about people and relationships.  However, frustrating it may be to get some work done, I think I prefer the Turkish people caring about people - perhaps we can all learn from each other. Good luck

And if you see Nedim - please send him to Melodi !

Offline mark swift

Electric meters
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2008, 07:09:03 AM »
Thanks for the info

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf