Author Topic: Month by month broadband contracts  (Read 4573 times)

Offline tillyfloss

Month by month broadband contracts
« on: January 15, 2008, 19:22:49 PM »
Hi everyone

Does anybody know whether there's an internet provider that will offer a month by month contract?

I shall be spending a fair amount of time in Uzumlu over a 6 month period but obviously don't want to have to fork out for a yearly contract.

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 20:28:30 PM »
www.Plus.net
I can give you a referal link if you want one OR I think you can just use lindacarl? Using it also might give you a free month.
We went with them as we too didn't want to sign for a year.
We've been very pleased with the service. It's also one of the cheapest around too.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 20:51:23 PM by lindacarl »

Offline tillyfloss

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 23:13:49 PM »
Hi Lindacarl

Thanks for your reply but I meant were there any internet providers in Turkey that supply month by month contracts [I am interested in plusnet for over here in the uk....far cheaper than the provider I am currently using].

Offline holidayworld

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 12:20:53 PM »
As long as you have a phone line and have had it for over 1 month you can get ADSL from Turk telecom depending what you need and pay per month 49ytl if you want it unlimited, it all depends what your needs are.

Offline chris tippett

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 12:29:23 PM »
Our monthly Turktelecom ADSL bill is 29ytl. I also have the name and number of a Fethiye based computer chap who will install the router etc and hook you up to the system, if you are interested.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2008, 22:14:33 PM »
 :)What about England, I am currently with BT and contracted till August,but when I rang up the other day and asked do I give notice 3 months before August they said no, I must gie it in August, which means they are getting and extra 3months out of me, plus the fact its more than they originally quoted, if you know of a provider cheaper than BT please let me know and that means the phone aswell.:P

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2008, 22:18:49 PM »
Sky is worth a look, if you have Sky TV I think Laffs, good package prices.

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2008, 22:34:14 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by laffa

:)What about England, I am currently with BT and contracted till August,but when I rang up the other day and asked do I give notice 3 months before August they said no, I must gie it in August, which means they are getting and extra 3months out of me, plus the fact its more than they originally quoted, if you know of a provider cheaper than BT please let me know and that means the phone aswell.:P

Hi Laffz  :) Your contract with BT expires on the date the contract expires, if you follow my drift  :) When your bill arrives (or shortly before) phone them & re-negotiate terms with them, tell them you are considering 'changing'!!  to another company, I've just done exactly that  :)

I decided to stay with BT (at a reduced rate, unlimited storage etc  :)) because for all their faults, when something goes wrong or isn't working, they are better than the others at fixing it, and I was feeling lazy.... The golden rule apply's, cheapest ain't necessarily the best  :)

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2008, 22:36:03 PM »
Sky is only cheap if you can get the free broadband. Unfortunately it doesn't cover our atea.
Plusnet I believe is also from BT but it's a lot cheaper than BT & monthly contract.

Offline cockney girl

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2008, 13:43:11 PM »
hi tillyfloss ,spoke to yr builder Aytan today ,he said the villa is set up for wireless ADSL ,he said to email or give him a call regarding this matter

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf