Author Topic: The "I Bought in Turkey & I am Happy I Did" Thread  (Read 63419 times)

Offline col

The "I Bought in Turkey & I am Happy I Did" Thread
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2008, 14:15:13 PM »
Bought my first place in Calis 2004 & a big thanks to keith, sold it in 2006. Purchased the new apt in Fethiye same year, with no hitches or problems (thanks Heidi, Mujat etc) Now i'm looking forward to moving over in about 6 weeks. So no regrets what so ever for buying in Turkey.

Offline penny

« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2008, 19:38:03 PM »
hello
my husband and i bought a 2 bed apartment in ovacik 4 years ago no problems but it took a long time to get out tapu it has brought us nothing but joy and we have managed to rent it out to friends and workmates with ease, best thing we ever did.

Offline micky mouse

« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2008, 20:16:41 PM »
Hi all,purchased our villa in 2003 from Lagoon Estates,honest guy ahmet no hassle easy going received tapu in 6 weeks,now that a record i think for turkey.Poor man is now a rich man but good luck to him.

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2008, 10:18:16 AM »
Yes , in May 2003 we bought our duplex in Hisaronu through Ahmet of Lagoon Estates , a stroke of good luck for us meeting him 5 years ago, as we needed guidance in buying something, somewhere. We were immediately impressed with his personality, honesty, helpfulness,friendliness, humour, and his professionalim as an estate agent.
We have been extremely pleased with our property and have no regrets. We are planning on visiting  even more times throughout the year now, hopefully 15 / 20 weeks each year. Yes Ahmet is a rich man now, and deserves to be, we still see him regularly when we are over there,  and whats nice is that success has not changed him :-) his personality is unchanged even now...good luck to him .

Offline Diverbaz 1

« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2008, 14:09:16 PM »
We Bought through European Estates (who have been friends of ours for many years, because of their (ex) dive centre) the process so far has been really smooth, Tapu was applied for once we paid the 10% deposit and is expected within 2 months, this has to be seen. The builder has been excellent, carrying out extra work for us that we have paid for and and some free of charge. Yes we are extremely happy we did. The forum has been so useful in helping us with the information and things to look out for. Our thanks to Keith and Co and all you posters out there.

Baz 8) & Kaz:D

Offline davewalsh

« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2008, 18:06:51 PM »
Purchased from Nicholas Homes in August 2005 - took two years to get a Tapu but generally the experience was fairly pain-free. Nicholas have been good with us since.

However, be wary of buying anything with a basement, in my opinion, you will regret it

Offline ronzeus

« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2008, 18:40:04 PM »
Bought through Keith at Taurean when he was there ,delighted with Keith and Taurean.

Offline pashka

• Sutton, Surrey, UK
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2008, 18:54:19 PM »
We have bought two properties, one in Calis the second in Tasakaya. We later sold the Tasakaya one. Both purchases  and sale were through European Estates, which all went without any hitches. We use European Estates for cleaning etc. and as yet haven't had any problems.

Pashka

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2008, 19:14:19 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by ronzeus

Bought through Keith at Taurean when he was there ,delighted with Keith and Taurean.

Awww thanks Ron - You know I'd dearly love you to tell the CBF world your story. You know, how difficult a customer you were, how we searched for days and couldn't find the house for you...  :)

5 pages of happy customers, thanks to all who posted - and a good variety of agents that made you happy.

Keep them coming  8)

Offline Jackds

« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2008, 20:19:17 PM »
Bought an apartment in Hisaronu in 2003 and a Villa in Ovacik in 2005 both from Nicholas Homes, the only small concern we had was the 2 year delay for the Tapu's but the quality of the build is excellent and the post sales service brilliant.

Dave,

We also have a basement but we did not experience any problems.

JACK

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf