Author Topic: Cement Factory Urgent help required  (Read 20525 times)

Offline starman

Cement Factory Urgent help required
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2008, 17:25:58 PM »
Bit late as I had lunch with the British ambassador last monday but still have some very high up contacts in the British consulate here.

Offline markaren

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2008, 15:57:13 PM »
We have been busy sending out letters and emails, we also sent a copy by email to GMTV, but again unless a they receive a lot of the same emails nothing will probably be done.  Use this link it takes you straight to the page for contacting them (hopefully) http://www.gm.tv/index.cfm?articleid=678

:)

Offline Don

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2008, 17:08:23 PM »
Fi's protest letter is also on the Fethiye times website, www.fethiyetimes.com with addresses to send it to all it needs is a bit of cut and paste. Fi has done all the hard work all it takes is a couple of clicks and its done!!

Offline Tykatem

• Norfolk, UK
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2008, 20:25:20 PM »
Originally posted by Eric

This is my latest press release.

Uzumlu:.. Wake up call.

Foreign people who own properties need to wake up to the realities of what is happening in Uzumlu.
Not only in Uzumlu but Fethiye, Calis, Ovacik, any one within 40kms
There is a Turkish law that states that no industrial unit that emits smoke, dust etc can be built within 3 kms of olive groves

Can someone please explain the reasons why anyone who owns property within 40kms "need to wake up"?

Pete

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2008, 20:32:35 PM »
 :o  I may be hazarding a guess, but I think it may be something to do with the pollution, noise, violation, contamination and the sheer and utter demolition of a peaceful and natural way of life......

Offline carlan

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2008, 07:19:11 AM »
I think you might find that the 40kms is the approx. 'fallout' zone covered by the emissions from such an establishment as a cement factory!

Offline lynx

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2008, 09:00:22 AM »
We are about to send our cement factory letter on to all the addresses that Fiona & Eric has kindly supplied. We would like to add that in addition to sending letters to them and GMTV we send a letter to Thompson & Thomas Cook holiday companies with a copy to the Ministry for Tourism here in Turkey. We have heard that both Thompson & Thomas Cook have been following the cement factory progress are already aware of it's clearance for building. These tour companies are now seriously considering 'pulling out' of this area in Turkey. If this is the case then other tour companies would follow suit. If more of us write letters to the tour companies & Ministry of Tourism we would then be putting even more pressure on the government to stop the cement factory. Surely the loss of revenue from tourism and property sales in this area will far outstrip any monies earnt by government from the cement factory.
It may even be worth while if as many people as possible send letters to the English newspapers in the hope that one or other of them will run a story. Surely the government here, local and national, would not wish for such bad publicity with the possible 'fall out' (excuse the pun) that could cause. We are already drafting our letter to the Sun & Daily Mirror!
Paul & Helen

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2008, 09:42:48 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by lynx

We are already drafting our letter to the Sun & Daily Mirror!
Paul & Helen

Don't use any big words then ! The Oxford Children's Pictorial Dictionary Online might be useful.

Offline markaren

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2008, 11:00:43 AM »
Good idea with the travel companies, will send copies out to them today too.  Like you say the more people that send out letters the better chance of someone picking up on it.  :)

Offline markaren

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2008, 16:23:49 PM »
Maybe this is worth a try  - Five news are doing "your news"  this is what they say on their website - Your News is the part of the programme we hand over to you, our viewers. If you have a Your News idea or a story get in touch.

We are going to email the letter regarding the cement factory, also looks like on their website you can send a vidoe message if anyone has the know how!!! :)

They can be emailed at  <news@five.tv>

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf