Author Topic: uzumlu wine  (Read 6518 times)

Offline brian1945

uzumlu wine
« on: March 04, 2008, 13:25:30 PM »
can someone tell me where is the best place to buy Uzumlu wine and what is the price?

thanks

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
uzumlu wine
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 14:00:54 PM »
Lace shop opposite the Uzumlu Wine House.......5TL for a litre. Bought a bottle yesterday and polished it off in the warm sunshine this afternoon! 8)
7.5 TL in the Winehouse itself....almost undrinkable, we even left the taster:(

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
uzumlu wine
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 14:51:15 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by tribalelder

Lace shop opposite the Uzumlu Wine House.......5TL for a litre. Bought a bottle yesterday and polished it off in the warm sunshine this afternoon! 8)
7.5 TL in the Winehouse itself....almost undrinkable, we even left the taster:(

Definitely, the lady in the lace shop will happily supply tasters for you.  Its very drinkable - almost like a port.  My first taste of winehouse wine was hilarious - I shuddered so visibly and loudly that the guy behind the bar thought I was having a fit !!!-   ugggh, never again !

Offline bikerchickblonde

uzumlu wine
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 16:32:10 PM »
Thanks for that - I paid 10 lira in Winehouse for a litre - will have words!!  And you are right - it was strong but a bit rough!!

Offline heatherhanum

uzumlu wine
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 17:53:38 PM »
Be very careful you dont know what it will do to your inards urghhhh

Offline sporran

uzumlu wine
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 20:43:04 PM »
I have been in the wine trade for many years and the following comments regarding Uzumlu wine could be of interest -

AN UNUSUAL "Rough as Guts" wine that has the distinctive bouquet of old and ill animals. It is best drunk with the teeth clenched to prevent the ingestion of seeds, stalks and skins. Connoisseurs will appreciate the slight tannic taste of burnt shag feathers and soiled medical dressings. Possessors of a cultivated palate admire the initial assault on the taste buds which comes from the careful and loving blend of circus cage floor hosings with perished jock straps. The maturing is done in Uzumlu abottoir hogs heads and gives it a very distinctive nose. In Fethiye this wine is marketed as "The Saviour Brand" (as nine out of ten people who drink it for the first time exclaim ---------"JE-E-ESUS CHRIST"
CAUTION : Avoid contact with the eyes and open cuts.
          Keep away from "Naked Flames" (both old and new)

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
uzumlu wine
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 21:03:44 PM »
 :odon't think I will bother

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
uzumlu wine
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 21:23:51 PM »
Have to agree with sporran, the worst wine I ever had was at the Uzumlu wine house, I could hardly believe they could serve something quite so putrid.

I would definitely accept the offer to taste the wine before serving in case it is corked. If it is, it's a bonus.

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
uzumlu wine
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2008, 22:21:41 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by sporran

AN UNUSUAL "Rough as Guts" wine that has the distinctive bouquet of old and ill animals. It is best drunk with the teeth clenched to prevent the ingestion of seeds, stalks and skins. Connoisseurs will appreciate the slight tannic taste of burnt shag feathers and soiled medical dressings. Possessors of a cultivated palate admire the initial assault on the taste buds which comes from the careful and loving blend of circus cage floor hosings with perished jock straps. The maturing is done in Uzumlu abottoir hogs heads and gives it a very distinctive nose. In Fethiye this wine is marketed as "The Saviour Brand" (as nine out of ten people who drink it for the first time exclaim ---------"JE-E-ESUS CHRIST"
CAUTION : Avoid contact with the eyes and open cuts.
          Keep away from "Naked Flames" (both old and new)

I`ll have to buy some, it sounds like just the thing I`ve been looking for to clean the inside of my Soba.   :D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
uzumlu wine
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2008, 22:28:51 PM »
I think they bottle it AFTER it has been used for that purpose

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf