Author Topic: A Good Reason to Choose a Philips TV  (Read 3274 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
A Good Reason to Choose a Philips TV
« on: April 01, 2008, 19:23:41 PM »
I bought my Philips plasma TV nearly two years ago from an Istanbul company, who had a shop in Marmaris.

I then had the job of trying to find a wall bracket, because the one I'd ordered with the TV was forgotten and there was little interest in finding me one. I asked in a couple of electrical shops but got nowhere, gave up (in hindsight too early) and searched the internet for one in the UK. Not a twisty flash one, just one that would allow me to put the TV up. Best I could find was on Ebay - £85. Then I needed someone to bring it out for me.

I looked at the Philips worldwide guarantee leaflet and found the Philips dealer/service in Fethiye, went over and was disappointed to find a tiny little shop selling small satellite dishes and every remote control in the World. A small Philips logo was the only clue. Thinking 'here goes another waste of time', I went in and spoke a little Turkish (yes I did!) and they guy managed a little English, then gave me a Philips TV brochure so I could show him which TV I needed a bracket for. That sorted, he told me he didn't have one. What a surprise. "But tomorrow I will have one". Ok, so where is this going to go wrong. I asked how much. "Bracket 40 lira. Fix, 40 lira. 80 lira".

He said he worked alone most times so would come to my house the next day after closing up. He did, took great care in measuring up, ensuring his bracket would be level and central, and it was. 80 lira exchanged, job done.

Now moving on 1 year and 50 weeks into a 2 year guarantee, the TV switched itself off and that was that. We drove over to Mr. Philips and of course he remembered me (from two years ago!?). I explained the Kaputness of my TV and he said he would come when he closed the shop. He did. He couldn't fix it but said he would take it away and fix it and bring it back tomorrow (being today) when he closed the shop. He did. Fixed, replaced on the wall, plugged in, scarts returned into place, thank you very much, goodbye.

Bearing in mind I didn't even buy the TV from him, I am even happier to recommend this fine man to you.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 20:17:31 PM »
Now that's what I call service!

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 20:25:52 PM »
 8) What a great guy  8) :)

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 20:30:43 PM »
Scun is Kaputness a Turkish or English word?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 20:39:36 PM »
Bill me or rum

Offline Glenn66

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 21:43:23 PM »
Great service Keith,could teach some of our UK shops a thing or two.My mate bought a Phillips tv a few years ago that went Kapputt within a month of passing the guarantee,not a happy camper.Neither of us have ever bought from Philips since.

Glenn :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 21:49:28 PM »
My first TV here was from the big Siemens shop in Fethiye. Spent 3 days at a time out our house and a fortnight in their service in between. If there are two morals allowed here, buy Philips and/or NEVER buy a Siemens. Two others bought theirs at the same time and exactly the same. You even had to continually phone them and never once did they phone me, or bring it back when promised, AND you would never see it again unless you chased them.

Offline Glenn66

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 21:58:02 PM »
Ive just bought an LG tv and have nothing but praise for it (so far!).I think that electrical goods definately have a built-in shelf life,its not so easy to get replacement parts anymore,so you are forced to buy new the majority of times.

Glenn :)

Offline canalman

• Aged Headbanger
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2008, 19:45:48 PM »
I wonder if i can pass my Sony off as a Phillips  ;)

Offline Jenny1

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2008, 18:59:52 PM »
I know this is in the wrong section, (sorry Scunner, please don't tell me off!), but you mentioned the Turkish man recognised you after a long long time? Why do Turkish have fabioso memories? It happens when you go to the same resort 2 years later, woo hoo, they remember you? Fantastic!  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf