Author Topic: 1st Walk in the hills  (Read 1916 times)

Offline calvin 1949

1st Walk in the hills
« on: April 19, 2008, 14:34:09 PM »
Hi the first walk in the hills took place this morning a group of fourteen met at The Wine Bar ,and were led into the hills by Sherpa Turgut and his trusty servant Eddie ,we walked at a steady pace for thirty five minutes taking in the veiws and stopping for the occasional tortoise to cross , we made our way up a stone track until we reached a clearing were we took a well deserved rest ,a few of the party the ventured up another fifty yards until we reached the Turkish Flag on the hillside from this location we could see the whole of Uzumlu laid out before us ,there are many sights  that i would like to tell you about but i have been swornd to secrecy ,if you would like to find out about these sights you will have to join us next month or wait for the photos to be posted Regards Calvin

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
1st Walk in the hills
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 14:47:10 PM »
Oh no!!  I forgot about that!  Sounds like a good time was had.  I will now give myself a good slapping and see if I can make it for the next one.  I may be in the UK for the birth of first grandchild though...

Offline calvin 1949

1st Walk in the hills
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 18:20:44 PM »
next one on 10th may

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
1st Walk in the hills
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 18:24:32 PM »
OK, well if I can't make it to the next one, I will make it to the June one and set up the computer to remind me.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf