Author Topic: Uzumhan open?  (Read 3476 times)

Offline calvin 1949

Uzumhan open?
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2008, 06:01:37 AM »
True ,never had a bad meal,and always a smile ,the only downside is the  parking,suppose i should walk more !!!!! Calvin

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Uzumhan open?
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2008, 10:09:02 AM »
Ah yes, we go to him the most.  But we wanted to take our friends somewhere different because they have been to Mustafa's already.  And it is easily within walking distance.

We have to remember to take our torches and we have been accompanied back by one of the village dogs because we had spare pizza for our dogs.  Incidentally the Jandarma turned up one night because strange torches were seen (carried by us).  They apologised when we explained it was us and a buyuk kopek.  We said thank you.  We were happy to know that, in this country at least, the police WILL turn up to something suspicious.  And promptly...

Offline salford Al

Uzumhan open?
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2008, 23:35:04 PM »
We were in the wine house at new year and there was a new chef then who was excellent. Is this the same 'new chef' we are talking about or has there been another 'new chef' since new year.

We went in Uzumhan when it first opened and were not impressed. I'm not saying the steak was tough but it asked me outside for a fight! They had not been open long and may have been having teething problems.

We are coming over on Wednesday and will stick to the tried and tested ie Musties and the wine house. For something special we like the Saat in Calis. More expensive than Musties and the WH but a nice setting and excellent food. Ta for the recommendation Chris T.

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Uzumhan open?
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2008, 00:08:38 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by salford Al

We went in Uzumhan when it first opened and were not impressed. I'm not saying the steak was tough but it asked me outside for a fight! They had not been open long and may have been having teething problems.

Well they would have troble with their teeth if the steak was THAT tough, LOL!!

No seriously, we had several really good meals in Uzumhan last year.  Maybe we were lucky.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf