Author Topic: Robbers in Uzumlu  (Read 5992 times)

Offline hamilton

Robbers in Uzumlu
« on: June 08, 2008, 10:48:49 AM »
We had our house broken into last night, we live on the Cadianda Rd, did any one see any unusual between 6pm & 11pm. the break in we think took place between 8am & 9am we are pretty sure the robbers must have been observing our movements, we were out for under 2 hrs. When we returned at 10pm our house had been broken into among things that were stolen was a 200kg safe which was found hidden behind a wall in the cemetery. So if you saw 3 or 4 men behaving strangely in the vicinity could you please report to the Jandarma.
I would like to thank the professional and swift reaction of the Jandarma who did recover all the stolen items. I would also like to thank Aytyn of Villa office Uzumlu for all of his time & help last night.
It is a wake up call for all of us to be a little more vigilant, in the security of our properties.
Though all the goods were recovered damage to the property did occur.

thanks

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Robbers in Uzumlu
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 10:52:54 AM »
Really sorry to hear your news :( very glad that things were recovered quickly and no one hurt.  We too are on Cadianda road, so thank you so much for letting us know, my Mum is out at the moment and I will text her to be extra aware with leaving the patio doors open etc.  Our neighbours were robbed in March, lost tv, dvd, laptop etc. :(:(  Little Bu**ers[:(!][:(!]

Offline Firo

Robbers in Uzumlu
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 12:24:45 PM »
Sorry to hear the news about your break in. We were broken into last year as well and it was a wake up call to beef up our security which we have now done. At least you got all your belongings back.
The Jandarma were very good with our troubles so well done to them in helping you and lets hope the catch the toe rags  soon.
Fi & Eric

Offline chris tippett

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 19:59:43 PM »
Very sorry to hear this. Glad you got your stuff back and no one was hurt. I assume you mean the robbery was between 8 and 9 pm? (not am!). I think I am right in saying that burglaries in the village are still a rare occurrence and this shoud re-assure those of you reading this in uk.

Offline hamilton

Robbers in Uzumlu
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 20:27:49 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by chris tippett

Very sorry to hear this. Glad you got your stuff back and no one was hurt. I assume you mean the robbery was between 8 and 9 pm? (not am!). I think I am right in saying that burglaries in the village are still a rare occurrence and this shoud re-assure those of you reading this in uk.

Offline hamilton

Robbers in Uzumlu
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2008, 20:31:47 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by hamilton

Originally posted by chris tippett

Sorry about the am pm cofusion, it was a long night and it was pm. i believe there have been 2 break-ins in the last week, for such a small area I think thats a lot. any break in is one too many, but thanks for your re-assurance.
Tony

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Robbers in Uzumlu
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2008, 10:13:14 AM »
Did something happen last night?  We saw a police car near us, it briefly had it's siren on.  Then we saw 2 Jandarma with strong torches walking round the lanes and through the olive groves, coming to our villa to have a look at us and the neighbours.  Then later we saw a police car come round twice.  This is exceptional where we are.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Robbers in Uzumlu
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2008, 11:20:47 AM »
Rindaloo  - where are you ?

We are in the olive groves on the cadianda road (just as you leave the village on the left).  Mum was out last week and said that the Jandarma were very active, and walked the lanes most nights with strong torches, and rattled the gates to make sure every thing was locked up. They made a point of shouting out to Mum every night to make sure she was ok.  (really reassuring for her).  

If anyone has any news, please let us know.....

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Robbers in Uzumlu
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2008, 11:54:05 AM »
I am very close to the PO garage (the red one) in fact, I am behind Timur's little shop.  Isn't it good to know the Jandarma are out there keeping an eye.

Offline calvin 1949

Robbers in Uzumlu
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2008, 12:03:23 PM »
We were on our way back from the Air port early hours of this morning ,when we came upon a Turkish girl who had been robbed and we think abused and the dumped on the Uzumlu road out of Fethiye , we brought her to the Jandarma in Uzumlu, so this may have started all the activity, if anyone  speeks Turkish , and can find out from the Jandarma the girls condition you can contact by email would be grateful Calvin and Jill

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf