Author Topic: Cement protest rally ?  (Read 5111 times)

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Cement protest rally ?
« on: June 08, 2008, 10:58:58 AM »
Is there any news from yesterday ?   How did it go ?  We were thinking about you all....

Offline Firo

Cement protest rally ?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 12:20:46 PM »
Hi Pookie,
Yesterday was very good for publicity and the turnout was good on the Turkish side. Expat turnout was poor when you consider how many folks live here but those who did come certainly bolstered the numbers and caught the press attention in out T shirts. There was a brief synopsis in English after the speakers had finished and I have been promised a translation of the talk given by the man who is researching the effects of cement factories on the environment.When I have this I will scan it and post it for you to read.
See you soon
Fi

Offline chris tippett

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 19:53:17 PM »
Fi, surely the effects on the environment are already known? That's been discussed ad infinitim. What we all want to know is the current state of play re: the court case,news on likely outcome and time scales. Can you update us on these matters. Thank you.

Offline Eric

Cement protest rally ?
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 20:46:14 PM »
Chris Tippett if you really wanted to know the answers to the questions you have posed then you could have attended the Thurs night meeting.  It was very clearly stated, on CBF, that the meeting was being called to update everyone.
Just to make it quite clear to you all those questions were answered on the night.
Shame you found it too boring to be bothered to attend.
The question Pookie posed was the one I answered.

Fi
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 20:52:13 PM by Eric »

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Cement protest rally ?
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 09:02:21 AM »
Thanks Fi  - we really do appreciate you keeping us abreast of things.  We feel so useless stuck over here, we would have loved to have been there to offer support. :(  Thanks a million [:X]

Offline chris tippett

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 23:25:18 PM »
Fi, thank you for your really helpful response to my questions. So for the vast majority, like me, who did not attend the meeting are to be kept in the dark? Very democratic!

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Cement protest rally ?
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 00:00:24 AM »
Chis,

As you are obviously not interested in this 'boring' subject why should anyone take the time to update you on things?

Quote:

"To be perfectly honest the whole thing is now simply boring."
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 00:20:47 AM by stoop »

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Cement protest rally ?
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 08:57:03 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by chris tippett

Fi, thank you for your really helpful response to my questions. So for the vast majority, like me, who did not attend the meeting are to be kept in the dark? Very democratic!

Oh Mr Tippett :-\,  I am reliably informed that you are genuinely a very nice person.  So why on earth doesn't this come across in your posts ?  I do hope we meet up soon, because I now have quite an image of you in my mind. :o   Fi, Eric and so many are trying to remain positive and do what they can, so it baffles me when your posts appear so antagonistic.  Perhaps you will allow us to buy you a beer when we are over in the summer, so that I can be allowed to meet the genuine person that hides behind this grumpy persona that occasionally appears on the forum  ?: :) ;)

Offline saoirse

Cement protest rally ?
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2008, 09:54:51 AM »
If I get grumpy will ya buy me a beer too Pookie?

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Cement protest rally ?
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 10:05:50 AM »
Any time :D  (what price curiosity eh ? ;))

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf