Author Topic: Avoid this jewellers.  (Read 8996 times)

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Avoid this jewellers.
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2008, 06:47:11 AM »
Turkey is well documented in travel guides for it's jewellry. A football shirt no- but then they have never been sold as genuine. A piece of Turkish jewellry from a reputable jewellers I would.

Offline Harley

Avoid this jewellers.
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2008, 07:55:19 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

As mentioned in another topic today, if you want jewelery go and see Mete at Golden Moon in Calis. No need to take a gamble. I trust him with my life.

I second that...  I've never had a problem with them.  Mete is 100%honest and he never pushes for a sale.  I purchased a couple of  items from him last year at a cost of £750.  Once i got home I had them valued for insurance purposes...  I was well chuffed to hear the same items in the UK would have cost £1000 give or take....  What a bargain...:D

Offline fredam

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2008, 19:05:24 PM »
~Still waiting to see where it is......they are the shops with the billboards on the way from Dalaman arent they?  I keep thinking I have seen them but cant place where.....

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Avoid this jewellers.
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2008, 19:12:02 PM »
Paspatur is the 'old' town - where the Turkish baths are and all the little lanes.

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Avoid this jewellers.
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2008, 19:22:40 PM »
They have 2 shops in the old town this year. Another near the fish market again new this year called Civan.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Avoid this jewellers.
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2008, 20:40:10 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Gorgeous_bird

I am disappointed and surprised. I have bought a lot of jewellry and watches from them as have my inlaws. If I remember the Brazilian Rubygate scandal was Infinity Olu Deniz!

Have exactly the same sentiments GB. It would very surprised if this was a deliberate "con". What suprises me most is the fact that Infinity only resolved matters after lengthy discussions.

For those who do not know the Rubygate story (which wasn't a scabdal), and for the avoidance of doubt, I should point out that no blame was attached to Infinity, it was my mistake. The final outcome of the saga was that we got a "very acceptable" insurance valuation

Twin Bee, with respect I think you are wrong. We have alway had the same experience as Harley. Anything we have bought has always been valued substantially higher in the UK

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Avoid this jewellers.
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2008, 20:56:16 PM »
H I joked when I said Scandal (sorry) I have had only favourable experiences with them and everything I have bought has been guaranteed and we have even received buy back guarantees for the price we paid if we require. For my own peace of mind I will definitely be asking about this when I am out in a couple of weeks time.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Avoid this jewellers.
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2008, 22:17:10 PM »
No problem GB - suspected you were joking but I wanted everyone else to be sure that it was not Infinity's fault. :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Avoid this jewellers.
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2008, 22:20:40 PM »
Of course it isn't their fault. If you can get £450 for little bits of glass you'd do it, right?

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Avoid this jewellers.
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2008, 22:31:45 PM »
I hope no-one takes this the wrong way, especially mecury, who I have absolutely no reason to doubt, but is there any way that Infinity could be give the right of reply. Would that not be fair.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf