Author Topic: More Uzumlu stuff  (Read 9708 times)

Offline The Crinklies

More Uzumlu stuff
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2008, 17:25:40 PM »
Fab photo Pookie.  The scenery is breathtaking!

Re the restaurants, we have lived in Üzümlü for some time and have found that the only place to eat here, where you are always guaranteed a good meal is Mustafa's - Cadianda Restaurant.
The other places have been a bit hit & miss! The wine house is more like a UK pub with its large screen tv & pool table and has lost alot of it's 'turkishness' which is a shame.

Üzümlü is a great place for getting away from the hustle & bustle and embracing village life. There are lots of local walks and Calvin is probably the best person to talk to about these.

Crinklies

Offline Firo

More Uzumlu stuff
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2008, 23:00:46 PM »
The Camlik as you enter Uzumlu does great food especially the Turkish meals. Friendly staff and a lovely outside seating area.

Offline flying scotsman

More Uzumlu stuff
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2008, 17:05:03 PM »
Must agree with the Crinkles, we just returned from Uzumlu and the worst meal in the 2 weeks we were there was at the Wine House totally over rated, don't like some young Turkish lad with put on cockney accent and spikie hair trying to con us with 40 lira bottle of wine !! its a shame as could do so much better,first thing would be get dining tables its not easy eating meal off of coffee tables and learn about wine after all its supposed to be a Wine House !!

Offline sugarybaba

More Uzumlu stuff
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2008, 21:46:05 PM »
Live in Calis not Uzumlu but have been there lots of times
As you arrive at the Square /Dolmus stop near mosque there is the Uzumlu Cafe - been smartened up with new tables and loos plus has free internet and wireless connection
Wine house - great garden and terrace with as many grapes as you can take away in September   Not sure about food Have not eaten there due to not good reports but good place to chill and have a game of pool and banter with bar staff
Cadianda (Mustafas)- Brilliant and cheap food - do not over order !!
Very welcoming and hospitable people
Uzumhan - not been for a while but think ok
Camlik - My favourite  Great setting , peaceful , lovely food and wine (ask about the local wine) Alec is a perfect host and knows a lot about Turkey and everything in general
There is also another place and I cant remember the name where I went yesterday for turkish breakfast on the way back to Fethiye/Calis
That was lovely and it was in aid of the cement factory fund so good luck and maybe someone Eric/Fi can post the turnout/proceds and feedback on that as I had to leave early to go back to Calis
Sue xx

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
More Uzumlu stuff
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2008, 23:39:41 PM »
Hi Sue, I was at the meeting.  Must say I am impressed you bothered to come from Calis.  Good for you!

Offline calvin 1949

More Uzumlu stuff
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2008, 18:59:22 PM »
Watch out Mustapha is on the move!!!!!!!

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
More Uzumlu stuff
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2008, 19:01:22 PM »
oohh,  Calvin,  you can't leave it there........tell us more....whats 'appening ?

Offline calvin 1949

More Uzumlu stuff
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2008, 19:17:02 PM »
its a secret if i tell you you promise you wont tell anyone!!

Offline calvin 1949

More Uzumlu stuff
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2008, 19:20:06 PM »
other end of village new resturant called Cadianda 2, still keeping other one spoilt for choice now ,shus dont tell anyone Calvin

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
More Uzumlu stuff
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2008, 23:09:20 PM »
oooh,   where ?  is this where the hexagon shaped restaurant used to be ?......how exciting.  Its OK, secret safe with me...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf