Author Topic: Noisy Tree  (Read 8468 times)

Offline alec

Noisy Tree
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2008, 12:38:01 PM »
What I understand from the Turkish press is that the ticks already existed - and that leaving their mouthparts in when you removed them could cause a nasty infection - but that the new threat was that a tick-borne disease, Crimea-Congo haemorrhagic fever, was now spreading in Turkey, which the ticks could pass on by biting you, or from their body fluids if you squashed them.  Thus the need for extra caution.  So if a tick or a snake bites you, you'd better ask it if it wouldn't mind coming along to the doctor with you so they can identify it.  Get the ticks to bite the snakes...  Cicadas, as far as I know, don't spread any human disease, unless it's deafness...

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Noisy Tree
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2008, 12:44:53 PM »
Pardon?

Offline peecee

Noisy Tree
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2008, 19:24:48 PM »
yes, complicated.  I would suggest that you kill the snake (the brown ones - vipers) before you cart it off to the doctors

Offline ottoman

Noisy Tree
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2008, 14:13:40 PM »
''add that to the cockerels, donkeys, dogs and the Imam, its hell of a place at 5.00 in the morning !!!''

Pookie,

This is a very disrespectful act.
Please respect Turkish people and their religion.
Cocherels, donkeys, dogs and iMAM. How Imam can be spelled on the same sentance with animals. When you come to Turkey didnt you know anything about Ezan at prayer times Or do you want us to change our religion.
If we disturb you too much with the way we live for thousants of years. What do you want us to do? Shall we leave  our country.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 15:50:37 PM by ottoman »

Offline nicko

Noisy Tree
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2008, 15:05:15 PM »
I don't think Pookie was being disrespectful at all, just our British sense of humour. I don't beleieve  anyone chosing to live anywhere in Turkey does not have a sound knowledge of and respect for local customs in particular religious practices. I'm sure that Pookie was being ironic. One reason for many of us migrating is the people and their lifestyle, although not perfect it certainly beats that in the uk. Why on earth would we want to see it change!
Could we please not use this forum to mount a debate on either politics or religion.

Offline ted molloy

Noisy Tree
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2008, 15:53:48 PM »
That tree is causing a lot of problems and it's far to big for those tiny dogs to pee against so why don't you cut it down. and look at all the benfits no noise no pine needles in yer pool and plenty of firewood to last a couple of winters and if you leave the stump at about 4ft you would have a free picnic table and nothing to moan about. ;)

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Noisy Tree
« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2008, 18:15:03 PM »
*Gasp*

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Noisy Tree
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2008, 18:17:48 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by nicko

One reason for many of us migrating is the people and their lifestyle, although not perfect it certainly beats that in the uk. Why on earth would we want to see it change!

I totally agree and absolutely love the sound of the call to prayer AND the drummer during Ramadan. :D

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Noisy Tree
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2008, 18:26:21 PM »
Oh Ottoman,  I was not being disrespectful -  these are the very things that I love most about Turkey !  I am sorry that you did not understand my sense of humour.  I adore Turkey, highly respect the people and the culture and this is the very reason why I love living in Turkey.  I would not change anything.  

I am beginning to wonder though, if your intentions on this forum are to pick fights with people.  Any one that knows me (and I have been a member of this forum for over two years), will know how much I love uzumlu, the people and the way of life.  I am sorry if I offended you.:(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf