Author Topic: ADSL  (Read 5944 times)

Offline calvin 1949

ADSL
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2008, 17:17:24 PM »
Sound like your a bit of a know all Fi,which i am sure you are not ,if bickerchick says it has been fixed why are you diagreeing with her, give her and her I T freind some credit.there thats stirred up a bag of worms.  He!! He!! come on Friar Tuck where are You

Offline Firo

ADSL
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2008, 17:27:45 PM »
Just stating the facts about internet connection and having to reset her computer when it came back on to the internet. Prehaps she had another problem with her PC that he sorted by resetting it. An IT man cannot sort out the internet connection when TTnet have been at it all week. It must have been a fault with her PC.
Source of knowledge my son who is a computer engineer.
Just trying to give people a clear picture before they all go rushing of to the man "who can connect them to the internet".
If the internet is down no man, IT expert or not, can connect it by redoing your settings only the TTNet engineers can and it seems they are doing do.
Most common problem with connections when it is up and running is the ADSL box and this can be sorted by unplugging it for 20 seconds then plugging it back in again.

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
ADSL
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2008, 17:31:29 PM »
I'm with Fi on this  :)

Offline calvin 1949

ADSL
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2008, 17:34:18 PM »
Well thats my wrist firmly slapped , perhaps Bickerchick was having a blonde moment ,still hey ho who gives a fig as long as she is back on the net Calvin

Offline Eric

ADSL
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2008, 17:53:27 PM »
Slapped wrists Calvin..noooooo I could think of somewhere better than that.. ;):D
Fi

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
ADSL
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2008, 17:54:26 PM »
We're all back on the net.  I phoned TTNet and they seem to have sorted the problem yesterday.  I am now monitoring my computer to see if the improvement continues.  I confess this morning I was wondering, then it suddenly perked up.  I am thinking that maybe they were still tinkering.

Offline Eric

ADSL
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2008, 17:55:33 PM »
Yippee normal life resumes..
Fi

Offline bikerchickblonde

ADSL
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2008, 20:25:22 PM »
Well what a cynical lot you are! I did not say anything about repairing the internet ... I did in fact say it was my computer that was repaired as it had a fault caused by intermittent connections to the internet! As you all know so much .... you obviously did not need any help and I should have asked your advice instead!  No... I did not hand any money over to my neighbour, unless you count a bag of tomatoes and a cold coke as payment! Some people in Uzumlu are not always after your money .... I do have some friends - quite a few in fact! Subject closed! And hope you all are now connected.

Offline bikerchickblonde

ADSL
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2008, 20:27:54 PM »
Ok ... before anyone else says it .... I did say he fixed my internet, but I meant my computer so I could access the internet! Who cares anyway.... wish I had never mentioned it!

Offline calvin 1949

ADSL
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2008, 20:32:59 PM »
Hope they wernt my tomatoes

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf