Author Topic: man/woman with van  (Read 13573 times)

Offline saoirse

man/woman with van
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2008, 06:34:20 AM »
An item we found cheaper was the tubs of ice cream which were then slightly cheaper than the likes of migros. Bottom line is you pays your mnoey you makes your choice. We dont have a car so at 12lira a round trip to Fethiye in an often packed and stifling dolmus I prefer to pay an extra few lira and for most things shop locally

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
man/woman with van
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2008, 10:21:03 AM »
hi you can get lurpak but i cant remember if it was migros or super market opp school in gunlukbasi.also if you can get to ciflic you can buy tuborg lager direct from the factory a lot cheaper it was 45 ytl for 24 lge cans slightly better than efes i think.

lance

quote:
Originally posted by chris tippett

One example - 1 litre of milk - village 2.5ytl, BIMs store - 1ytl. A massive saving esp if 10 people involved and this is just one item. I rarely shop in village now; prices just not competitive and no real choice as each shop sells exactly the same things! Best buy imo is the fresh baked bread in the bakery at 65 courush - bargain! Shame we can't get Lurpak slightly salted butter!

Offline scorcher

man/woman with van
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2008, 11:56:46 AM »
Am I going stark staring mad or has the entire staff of "Shoppers

Weekly" decided to holiday in Uzumlu this summer...?

Offline saoirse

man/woman with van
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2008, 11:58:00 AM »
LOL!

Boring little lot we are in Uzumlu!

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
man/woman with van
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2008, 14:33:35 PM »
:D Mis-read that, I thought the title was mad/woman with van,wondered if it was the one eyed one. ;)

Offline kylkimry

man/woman with van
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2008, 15:47:54 PM »
im not bothered if its a mad woman or a mad man, im getting great info for my upcoming holiday, and thats the idea of the forum i think, im going to enjoy trying to put faces to all the names

Offline kylkimry

man/woman with van
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2008, 16:03:05 PM »
forgot to ask on my last posting. how far is it to Halkin's in Gunlukbashi????

Offline peecee

man/woman with van
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2008, 17:08:18 PM »
Laffa, she hasn't been spotted yet but there was a fishing rod seen hanging out a window!!  think she must have upgraded to a scooter, hill's a bit steep for a bike!
Kylkimry, the dolmus drives straight past Halkins at the bottom of the 'hill'. Nip on, nip off job coming from Fethiye.  i think we're all looking forward to your arrival, you've certainly set the motion in 'shopping'.

Offline chris tippett

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2008, 17:11:07 PM »
Kylkimry, don't know if you've been here before but Uzumlu Dolmus goes through Gunlukbashi. Otherwise friendly local will take you - less than 10 min drive down mountain.
Scunner, thanks for salt tip. Will try it but not sure if the result will taste right on my crumpet!
There does seem to be quite alot of interest in shopping! Perhaps food/drink is the highlight of our lives here! Perhaps we could organise a committee to ask the local shop owners for specific items - I can't see why we cannot get a Brit Daily paper in the village?

Offline peecee

man/woman with van
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2008, 17:12:25 PM »
ps forgot to add you'll have to buy us all an Efes for the advice/info, bang go your savings ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf