Author Topic: New member - Roy H  (Read 1592 times)

Offline Roy H

• Father of the House
  • Father of the House
New member - Roy H
« on: October 11, 2003, 09:12:30 AM »
Hello all you Calis-ites
New to what seems to be an excellent forum so bear with me. My name is Roy and Management's name is Bernadette - usually shortened to Bernie.
Been going to Calis in May and Sept for quite a few years and got to know a lot of nice people and places. From what I can see most of you appear to be 'Owners' out there so I am not sure if we should even be on this site, so we will stay until someone tells us to 'sling our hook'!.
Stayed in several different places some nice and some not so nice but this year we settled for Mete's Golden Moon Hotel - with the help of Pete who runs a funny outfit he calls "Wingy Tours" - (don't even ask about the name !). We have just returned from our two week September trip on Oct 6th 03, and in future would not dream of staying anywhere else-it's excellent. If anyone wants the low down on it email me - will be pleased to chat without cluttering the forum up.
I would love to become an owner and spend more time out there now that I have retired but Management isn't too keen saying she would miss seeing the children and grandchildren so often, and since we are such a close family I suppose she is right really.
On the other hand we might look at the possibility from an investment point of view what with the abysmal interest rates available on savings in UK and would welcome any input or advice from other members. That way we could still have our May and Sept trips and possibly rent it out for the hotter months to the sun lovers ??.
I think that's enough from us for now.

Offline Patty

• Poster
New member - Roy H
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2003, 10:46:15 AM »
Hello Roy and welcome to the site.
No, you don't have to be an owner to come here, everyone is welcome.
We just returned from our 3rd trip to Calis 4.10.03. First stayed at the Ernur hotel and then ended up buying a property with my sister and partners so stayed at our house the last time.
You say you go out in May, we are thinking of that time next year.What sort of weather can we expect?
Keep visiting the site and this time next year, you never know you could be an owner. Never say never that's my motto.

Patty:D

Offline Roy H

• Father of the House
  • Father of the House
New member - Roy H
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2003, 08:24:03 AM »
Thank you very much for your welcome Patty.
In answer to your question - we usually aim for the middle or last two weeks in May usually leaving it until the last minute to book. We have always found the weather to be similar to mid or late October but on this years May visit we found an extra blanket was necessary for the first few nights. We are the sort of people who love the sunshine but not the excessive heat and it suits us nicely.
Roy

Offline haino

• Calis Reject
New member - Roy H
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2003, 22:57:07 PM »
Roy

Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy it.

Have you seen the section on 'Calis Owners 2004 Party'
If you are around on May 12th why not put your name down. It would be good to meet you if you can make it.

Regards, Gordon (haino)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
New member - Roy H
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2003, 23:49:17 PM »
Hi Roy

I see you are getting the hang of it all then.

Enjoy your visits here as much as we enjoy reading your contributions. Ok then more than that.

Scunner

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf