Author Topic: water  (Read 2210 times)

Offline cadavanti

water
« on: August 18, 2008, 13:42:58 PM »
hi, we are new members of the forum having a place out on the kadianda road, can anybody tell me what the water situation is? we are constantly on low pressure or no water at all, we were told last year that this would be resolved next year
Also we are getting internet installed, any preference for wireless or hard wired?

Offline peecee

water
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 15:46:23 PM »
hi cadavanti and welcome.  water situation, the pressure is low this time of year (possibly because of the tourists staying) and, as far as I know, no plans to change it.  However, you could go and talk to Rashid in the Belediye (water man, up the stairs, left, first door on left)  English is limited but nice bloke.  Last year we had no water at all for 5 days in June!  I think the further out of the village you are the worse it gets. It does get better at the end of the season.
I live up a hill on the Cameli rd and have a 2000 litre tank.  The pressure is much better after midnight so it fills every night.
Internet, I have wireless because in Winter it's so blooming cold in the sitting room I move downstairs into the basement. Just easier.

Offline cadavanti

water
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 15:52:18 PM »
Yes it looks like we will have to install a large tank ourselves during the winter months ready for next year or look at a bore hole?

Offline STEVErx

water
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 16:43:35 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by cadavanti

Yes it looks like we will have to install a large tank ourselves during the winter months ready for next year or look at a bore hole?

:Pdid not know there were any boars at calis:P
good luck with it any way

Offline Firo

water
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 16:57:29 PM »
We have a 40 tonne water tank underground connected to mains and a donky pump so if water pressure is low or cut off we still have water. Was one of the better things our builder put in as when neighbours have no water ours is still running.
We have wi-fi also as it gives you the choice of where to use your laptop throughout the year...like now using it outside :D.
Hope that gives you some ideas.
Fi

Offline Streaky

water
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 09:41:05 AM »
Hi,  We moved to Uzumlu in April this year after building a new property and were also concerned regarding the possibility of low water pressure and the ocasional water cut.

Our solution to the problem was to bury a 5000 lt plastic water tank in the garden and conected this to the council water supply, the inflow being controlled by a simple ball valve.  On the out-flow side this was conected to a hydrofoil pump and a pressure switch and then to the house.  In the event of the water pressure dropping below 2 bar the hydrofoil kicks in and re-pressures the system up to 3 bar ensuring constant water pressure in the house.  In the event of a longer water cut and a complete outage of water the tank can be filled by tankered water, although we have not needed to do this since moving in during April this year.

Low water pressure is fairly common at this time of year and the system is being tested to its fullest extent, so far is working very well.

Cost of installation during our build was 1,820 TL you may need to add on additonal amounts for any ground work and any increase in prices.

Hope this is of some interest to you.

Offline Tykatem

• Norfolk, UK
water
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 11:32:47 AM »
Hi Streaky, welcome to the forum. Good info there, we've got the same sort of system and it works really well. It's handy if you can rig an alarm system to warn you when the mains stops so as you can plan ahead, ie know when to order up a tanker.

Pete

Offline Streaky

water
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 08:01:12 AM »
Hi Tykatem,

Thanks for that - one thing I forgot to mention and that is I have also fitted a float switch in the water tank so if it does run out of water the pump does not kick in and burn out.

Cheers

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf