Author Topic: Garden Centre - anyone!  (Read 3408 times)

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Garden Centre - anyone!
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2008, 12:15:06 PM »
Yes, I agree.  Maybe someone ought to tell them we need our space to just ponder.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Garden Centre - anyone!
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2008, 12:45:44 PM »
How many times have you stood in a garden centre in the UK and want to ask some questions but you can't find anybody?

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Garden Centre - anyone!
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2008, 12:59:18 PM »
LOL, never satisfied, eh!

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Garden Centre - anyone!
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2008, 21:29:23 PM »
Hi Shakira  -  yup, we have used that garden centre too - very good, healthy plants and reasonably priced.  We have also used the lady opposite Migros - they will even come up to Uzumlu and plant everything for you (for just a few lire more).  As someone said just make sure you keep Saying Uzumlu, cos we had a few disasters the first year, with things not making it through the winter.  Roses and jasmines are fantastic though ! and the herbs go bananas !!! (what every you do, don't cut down that almond tree !! It gives us our shade !!! ;)

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Garden Centre - anyone!
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2008, 23:12:52 PM »
Had one glitch with the place opposite Migros.  We bought a tree, they put it on their lorry with the leaves and branches hanging over the windscreen of the truck.  As soon as we got to a speed it bent right back on itself all the way to the roundabout coming off the Antalya Dalaman road.  Then he stopped and got me to hold the tree through the window of the cab the rest of the way.  We planted it that night and the very next day we saw leaves curling up.  Initially I thought it was wind burn.  Then the whole tree had dead leaves on it.  Then we realised all the twigs were dry followed by branches.  In the end we dug it out this year when we established the whole thing was as dead as a doornail.  We went back with a translator and told them we had had a problem and described the trees demise and they looked mystified and said they would come to look at it (this was before we dug it up).  They didn't, so we went to the place at the Gunlukbasi road for a replacement.  I believe the bending damaged the trunk.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 23:15:47 PM by Rindaloo »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf