Author Topic: Book & DVD evening  (Read 3496 times)

Offline Firo

Book & DVD evening
« on: September 01, 2008, 16:34:40 PM »
On Weds 10th Sept we are holding a Book & DVD evening at the Camlik. Starts at 7.30pm.
We are asking that you bring any old books & DVD's along with you and then we will sell them all at 1ytl each. Funds will all go to the Cement Factory Fund. Good quality magazines are welcome to.
So sort out all your old books & dvds and come and get your new ones ready for the long winter nights and at the same time have a great social night,a drink or two and meals will be available as normal.
All welcome
Fi

Offline Jenny1

Book & DVD evening
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 07:41:00 AM »
Hi Fi, is this just a one off or is it a monthly thing?
Jen x

Offline Firo

Book & DVD evening
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 08:21:40 AM »
As it's a first we will see how well it goes but if it's a popular event we can hold it monthly. As they say time will tell ;):D
We have a lots of folks saying "great idea" so hopefully we'll have a good range of books and dvd's to sell.
Hope to see uyou on the night.
Fi

Offline peterw

Book & DVD evening
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 10:11:46 AM »
It would be popular with us if you held it monthly - we're coming out for 2 weeks starting 6 October, and we could bring out some of our spare books, subject to luggage weight limits.  So if you plan a repeat performance in October, we'd be happy to come along.

On the subject of DVD's - will UK-sourced DVD's play on a player purchased in Turkey?

Peter & Jacquie

Offline Firo

Book & DVD evening
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 10:35:23 AM »
If we decide to hold it again we will certainly put in on the forum as soon as a date is fixed.
UK dvd's work fine out here.
Watch this space
Fi

Offline Jenny1

Book & DVD evening
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 23:26:07 PM »
Hi Fi, I am out on Oct 5th for a week, I would love to come if you have one then, I have some dvd's you can have. I really want to see Uzumlu, let me know?
Jen x

Offline Firo

Book & DVD evening
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 14:49:49 PM »
Will do Jen.

Reminder the 1st one is tomorrow night Weds 10th Sept so hope to see lots of you there with all your books & dvd's.

Fi

Offline Jenny1

Book & DVD evening
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 16:54:35 PM »
Hi
I hold a book and dvd sale the last Friday of the month at work here in UK. It is to raise funds for Macmillan Cancer Support, it's really popular, people have got used to the set date, lot's of people donate, bring them back when read/watched and buy some more.
I really enjoy doing it, I always wanted to be a librarian while at school! lol  :)

Offline Firo

Book & DVD evening
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 09:19:35 AM »
Well we had a great night with over 60 people attending, some friends from as far as Yanikalar and Ovacik supporting the evening.Very few books and DVD's left so many thanks to those who donated and those that bought from us.
We have paid into the fund today 225 ytl so many thanks.

So popular was the idea we have booked another evening on Weds 8th Oct 7.30pm so hopefully see more of you on that night.
Jenny & PeterW hope you can bring us some new reading & viewing material as it is whilst you are here.

Thanks once more to those who came and enjoyed a great social evening.

Fi

Offline peterw

Book & DVD evening
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 09:44:54 AM »
Great!  We'll be there  :)

Peter & Jacquie

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf