Author Topic: Great food at Salihi. Uzumlu  (Read 2602 times)

Offline tytots

Great food at Salihi. Uzumlu
« on: September 05, 2008, 12:11:44 PM »
Just tried this place ordered take away for 4 people with drinks came to 30 lira, could not believe the price & the quality of the food, we had a banquet. We had 2 pides, 2 pizzas, 2 meat balls, kebab, salads, bread & 3 drinks. Best pizza I have had here. We thought about going to Cadiander 2, but after many years of supporting Mustafa & being very dissapointed with the food(portions getting smaller & prices rising)& service lately(waiting the last 3 times over an hour, 1.1/2 hours last time & also Turks being served before us)we decided to give Salihi a try, glad we did. It is situated near the roundabout coming into Uzumlu past red PO garage turn right at roundabout it's a few mtrs on the right, used to be a patiserie. They also do soups & grills. Perhaps not for sitting in to eat, NO Effes.

Offline mr efes

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 17:12:58 PM »
tytots I totally agree with ur comments re cadiander 2,we have been a few times recently to mustafas new venture and on one occasion had to wait over two hours for our food,as if that wasent bad enough all the prices have gone up ,you even get one less meatball now.I too have recently gone to the salihi and couldnt believe the VALUE FOR MONEY,I THINK THE CADIANDER 2 NEEDS TO BE AWARE THAT WHEN THE PRICES GO UP AND SERVICE DWINDLES EVEN THE FAITHFULL BRITS CAN WANDER OFF.........

Offline cadavanti

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 10:19:12 AM »
We arrived at villa on 29th Aug, 4 adults and two young children, decided to eat at Cad 2, sorry we did, we waited over 30 mins just to get a drink, then they did not have some of our order,THEN WAITED ANOTHER 90 MINS for the food, in the meantime we also noticed other
people being served before us even though they came in after (Turkish) by this time the children were iritable, tired and hard work, with regard to prices I feel this is the general trend and should accept it, however we made a decision not to eat there again

Offline Firo

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 14:46:35 PM »
Went to the Salihi on Sunday night for a take away and they were great. 4 pides,14ytl,10 minute wait & included a salad.
Have heard talk that he is going to get his liquor license in next 2 months and he has worked in Italy & Japan and is going to expand his menu to these foods.
Should be interesting...
Fi

Offline tillyfloss

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 12:21:13 PM »
We visited Cadianda 2 on a few occasions in the summer.  Thought it was ok but changed my mind later when I asked for a dish that the kids and I hadn't touched to take away.  When we reached home and opened the box there was a much smaller amount than what we had ordered and paid for......put me off because I wonder whose plate the rest of the meze ended up on........

Offline friar tuck

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 00:13:10 AM »
Thought this thread was about Salihi ???

Offline kylkimry

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 12:43:46 PM »
had it twice, excellent food

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf