Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1879 times)

Offline Jobie

Hello
« on: October 13, 2003, 21:37:05 PM »
Hi,  

My name is Joanne and I live in West Yorkshire.  I'm married to Peter and have a little girl, Chelsea Lea who is 3.  My parents moved to Calis back in April this year.  We've already been out to see them back in August and I'm going back just for a week with my sister and her two boys and my cousin at the end of the week. It seems a really nice place, I have been to Marmaris and Icemeler before but never to Calis.  They live in a cooperative complex comprising of twelve 4 bed properties, each block has four houses together.  Can't wait to go back out and see my mum as she's had a lot of problems with mosquito bites and was in hospital early this year.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2003, 21:49:45 PM by Jobie »

Offline Captain Squiffy

• Mr Permafrost
  • Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
Hello
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2003, 22:54:17 PM »
Hi Joanne and welcome.  Sorry to hear about your mum's mozzi bites.  That is one of the downsides about Calis (and I guess anywhere else that is hot and close to water/marsh).  Both Chrissie and I start taking anti-hystimines (not sure that is the right spelling but never mind)a week or so before we go out and it seems to work but the worst problem this year seemed to be the b....d sand flies that really pack a punch but don't bite any higher than the knees - has anyone else had problems and how did they cope?  Also has anyone got any good contacts for mozzi screens?

Offline nelliedeen

Hello
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2003, 04:29:15 AM »
Hi Joanne, welcome, those mozzies are the blight of the holiday.  I use the Avon dry skin oil in the woodland fresh and it seems to work for me, the first time I went over I was in a right mess, but then I was told about the Avon and no problems since.  I'm not sure if we become immune to the bites, because the bites I did get this time, went as quickly as they came.  I am over in Calis next week, with my two daughters, mum and grandkids too, along with Haino - it would be good to meet. It is good to meet other owners and families.
Helen

Offline Jo Tomkinson

Hello
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2003, 19:12:29 PM »
I got bitten to death when we went to Calis in July.  I also react pretty badly to them.  Stupidly I didn't start taking anti histamine tablets until we got there.  When we got back I called into the pharmacist and she said she thought I was probably lacking in Vitamin B.  I started taking the Vitamin B tablets and anti histamine tablets and when we went to Spain a month later I only got two bites and they didn't really bother me too much.

Hope this helps.

Jo

Offline Nicky

Hello
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2003, 19:23:27 PM »
I'm sure your mum's probably tried everything but I swear by Jungle Formula roll on - I make sure I have it with me everywhere- and put it on before sunset. I never get bitten anymore - don't know whether I've built up an imunity or it's because of the jungle juice- but I'm not risking not wearing it! Also turkish sin-kov is good and for after bite fenistil is excellent if you dab it on immediately. have a great trip!

Offline Coventrykid

Hello
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2003, 20:11:49 PM »
Hi all you bite sufferers, my wife Shirley suffers from the Mossie bites they tend to cause her like a fluid filled blister. She swears by Semprex anti histamine tablets they seem to act almost straight away. We will be arriving in Calis on October 24 for a weeks stay and some property hunting. How are the mossies at this time of year ?? any different to July??.

We will be staying at the Area Hotel and wouldnt mind meeting up with some  of you nice people for a drink and to chat and pick your brains about the property market,

Look forward to hearing from any of you who are interested in sharing your experiences.

Regards
          Shirley and Jurgen

Offline Nicky

Hello
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2003, 20:46:32 PM »
Think mossies are ok this time of year as it's cooler at night. If you call into Ernur hotel you might find some people from this site around - if not Cemal will tell you where they are hiding!

Offline nelliedeen

Hello
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2003, 21:41:40 PM »
Hi Shirley and Jurgen, we are all in Calis from the 20th Oct. for one week, we are supposed to be meeting Gordan and his wife Angie, so perhaps we should make arrangements, where is the hotel you are staying in situated.
Helen

Offline Coventrykid

Hello
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2003, 20:19:54 PM »
Hi Nelliedeen
               We are staying at the Area Hotel which is right along the Seafront Its not far From Georges bar where the cockney Turkish waiter works his name is Al and he really looks after us when we are there. Where are you meeting and when? We land at DLM at 4.00 pm on Friday so should be out for a meal and things by abouy 8ish. Let us know

Jurgen

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf