Author Topic: dog kennels  (Read 6119 times)

Offline tora

dog kennels
« on: November 19, 2008, 14:43:45 PM »
I hate to sound rude or patronising but i would never leave my pets with a kennels that i hadn't actually seen.I would definately check it out first chris.I am sure these people are genuine-and if they are,then they will have no objection to you going and having a snoop around.Like i said,i am sure they are fine,but the horror stories are real-take it from me-i work in that industry (registered veterinary nurse)
It just seems a little odd that they pick them up and drop them off.

Offline GrantT

dog kennels
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 15:30:37 PM »
I thought the same thing. They sound great but I would have to see for myself where they would be staying just for peace of mind.

Offline Eric

dog kennels
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 15:40:21 PM »
The reason why they pick them up and drop them off is that the kennels are near Saklikent.  I am sure that if people had to drop them off there they would get no business.  True we have not visited the kennels, but we have put our dogs there twice now and each time we pick them up they are well nourished, well hydrated and healthy.  They are pleased to see us, say hello and then return to the owners of the kennels to give them a fuss too.  If they had been badly treated I do not think they would make a fuss of the owners, do you?

No offence taken, I agree that you should visit the kennels if you want to put your mind at ease.  We did not because we were recommended to them by several people who had visited and had no problems at all with their dogs.

Offline chris tippett

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 15:49:36 PM »
Anyone who places their pets without first checking out the kennels is (excuse the pun) barking mad.
 If these people will not let you view then obviously don't touch them with a barge -pole.

Offline tora

dog kennels
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 17:19:25 PM »
See your point Eric.My dog was more interested in running back to the kennel lady than us when we returned from holiday this summer.(I have to admit i was slightly gutted)I would say that is a good sign they are lovely people.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
dog kennels
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 17:33:16 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by chris tippett

If these people will not let you view then obviously don't touch them with a barge -pole.

Did anyone say they will not let owners view? Nobody gets things completely wrong as consistently as you Chris, it's almost admirable.

Offline Eric

dog kennels
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 22:18:22 PM »
I did not say they would not let us view their kennels, they were perfectly happy to let us view.  We did not bother because of the good references we had from friends who had put their dogs there.  We trusted our friends and have not lived to regret it.

Offline tora

dog kennels
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2008, 00:12:45 AM »
Sorry,feel i need to clear something.Nobody actually said that they couldn't view the kennels,though it wasn't clear and i saw that chris had asked on the forum if it was possible.I was simply offering friendly advice,as i know someone who got a nasty surprise through the same type of service in the u.k.I hope i haven't offended any pet owners or kennel owners.As all pet owners know,it is a lot of trust we put in the people who look after them and i would hate somebody to get caught out.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
dog kennels
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2008, 08:25:13 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by tora

Sorry,feel i need to clear something.

You didn't have to clear anything up - everyone understood what you said, even Chris; he just chose to make his emotive statement based on something that nobody had actually said. This is normal for him.

Offline tora

dog kennels
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2008, 15:30:31 PM »
ok- no worries

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf