Author Topic: Mobile phones  (Read 6900 times)

Offline saoirse

Mobile phones
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2008, 19:42:33 PM »
thanks. do I need the Turkish words for could you register this please or is English spoken?

Offline brianthegardener

Mobile phones
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2008, 19:58:28 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by saoirse

thanks. do I need the Turkish words for could you register this please or is English spoken?

english is spoken....just tell one of the staff what you want...give them the phone and they will register the phone for you, you need to take your passport with you.:D

Offline saoirse

Mobile phones
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2008, 20:04:00 PM »
You are a star, thanx a lot. Just to be totally specific if I am at the HSBC bank is the Turkcell shop up the street (ie going with the traffic) or down the street?

I know I sound like a plonker but I went to a Turkcell shop in Fethiye once before to get my mobey registered and they hadnt a clue what I was on about

Offline brianthegardener

Mobile phones
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2008, 20:36:43 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by saoirse

You are a star, thanx a lot. Just to be totally specific if I am at the HSBC bank is the Turkcell shop up the street (ie going with the traffic) or down the street?

I know I sound like a plonker but I went to a Turkcell shop in Fethiye once before to get my mobey registered and they hadnt a clue what I was on about

past HSBC bank the way the traffic goes, up the street:D
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 20:39:50 PM by brianthegardener »

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
Mobile phones
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2008, 00:12:23 AM »
Do all turkcell shops give this service.,

quote:
Originally posted by brianthegardener

go to the main Turkcell shop on back road in Fethiye, not far from HSBC bank, on the same side of road as bank.

Offline brianthegardener

Mobile phones
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2008, 05:04:37 AM »
Lance...i cant speak for the other Turkcell shops all i can say is ive had no problems at all with the one im using on back road...speak as you find...ecellent service to me:D

Offline wickwilly

Mobile phones
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2008, 17:25:06 PM »
Lance. I think the only shop to do the service is the one on the back road that Brianthegardner is talking about. If you go up the road opposite the PTT to the top and turn right it is the first Turkcel shop on the right hand side. It is called Koyuncuoglu.They have another branch opposite the big mosque but cant do the registration there.

WW

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
Mobile phones
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2008, 17:39:58 PM »
This is the same shop we were trying. Maybe there was a glitch with the system in October? We went back morning & afternoon & in the end just bought a Turkish one. They said they couldn't do my (previously probably registered) phone but would do Carls new one IF the system came up again.

Offline Chinook

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2008, 18:48:23 PM »
Registered an additional UK mobile phone and got a sim card last month. Took 5 minutes at Turkcell and cost 20YTL which included 100 units. Don't forget to take passport.

Offline Denton

Mobile phones
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2009, 16:33:18 PM »
Can any of you let me know if your UK mobile has to be Unlocked and if it does, can the Turkcell shop do this for you, or do you have to get it unlocked in the UK before coming over.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf