Author Topic: Mot's on Uzumlu Road  (Read 5756 times)

Offline peecee

Mot's on Uzumlu Road
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2009, 14:59:31 PM »
caza, what did they check? And is it yearly or 2 yearly?

Offline philrose

Mot's on Uzumlu Road
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2009, 07:16:16 AM »
This is also being covered on a separate topic, but it is a fact that the new MOT test is now a lot more expensive and tougher.
Full details can be found on the Fethiye Times Website...
http://www.fethiyetimes.org.uk/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=viewid=1705itemid=58

Offline caza

Mot's on Uzumlu Road
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2009, 21:01:33 PM »
hi peecee, almost everything the same as the uk,except the emmisions, also they did check we had a first aid kit, warning triangle and fire extinguisher in the boot. now we have a shiny sticker on our number plate ! mot.s are yearly same as the uk x

Offline chris tippett

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2009, 21:02:37 PM »
Is anyone on here any the wiser?! It would seem there's a garage in Essen (on the Kalkan Rd?)that does MOTs - is that just the one garage and it that for all the vehicles in the Fethiye area? Do you make an appointment or do you join a queue?
It would seem they check admin matters such as parking fines which has nothing at all to do with the state of the vehicle!
It would be helpful if someone who has been through the system could put a simple abc on here if they get the chance. It would be very, very helpful.

Offline caza

Mot's on Uzumlu Road
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2009, 21:23:59 PM »
hi chris, baz has posted a step by step guide giving you the low down on what to do we had ours done on monday and it really is as simple as baz says theres no appointment needed but you have to take your turn in the queue, parking fines has nothing to do with it as far as i know, they do check all your paperwork ie any taxes owing, insurances etc, take a look at TUV MOT;S x

Offline Diverbaz 1

Mot's on Uzumlu Road
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2009, 07:53:37 AM »
Here you go Chris,

{A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}26198

In the UK you have to produce all your documents to tax your vehicle, here all documents are checked prior to vehicle check, same difference really. Just as an aside, The company has a 20 year contract with the government to carry out the testing and checking.

Also the other link to Fethiye Times is useful.

caza, there was an emmission test, right at the end of the "pit" where they check headlight alignment, also it is an annual test for Doblo, Connect size vehicles or bigger (panel van classification), for cars its 2 yearly.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 07:54:34 AM by Diverbaz 1 »

Offline caza

Mot's on Uzumlu Road
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2009, 12:05:27 PM »
thanks bas. we just wernt sure about the emmissions test being done and as you said it;s yearly for our car as it;s a berlingo. so does that mean we dont have to have a separate  emmissions test done again at the citroen garage ? x

Offline chris tippett

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2009, 19:52:00 PM »
Thought I would update you all on the 'latest' MOT news. After making 3 visits to the tax office to sort out o/s fines and tax (?!) I was directed to the emissions centre, which I had not realised was the Nissan Garage on the Antalya Road. Just drove in and the guy did the test (which lasts 2 years)in 5 minutes and gave me the appropriate form - 30TL - SIMPLE! Whilst there I was told the rules had changed and you didn't now need to produce the tax paperwork at the MOT centre. So off there in the next day or so and see what happens - but will need to buy fire extinguisher, triangle etc which a little man conveniently sells at the centre!!!!! Happy days!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf