Author Topic: Beware Actif Tekstils  (Read 2137 times)

Offline littlereddevil

Beware Actif Tekstils
« on: January 07, 2009, 10:22:45 AM »
Also says deco line --Belediye cad

Having looked at another couple of shops for curtains we went to this one as they seemed nice and helpful and one girl could speak english, also their prices were lower than some.
Everything was measured up, rails put up then the curtains made.
On the day they were due my oh and I had been into town and changed money etc,came home,I put some ytl and english pounds in my purse then put £700 english notes in a travel wallet beside my bed.Very very stupid me forgot to remove this wallet from the drawer before actif tekstil came and whilst they were hanging the curtains I suddenly remembered, dashed through to the bedroom ( which they had already done) to find £200 missing ! What a hoo ha there was with them obviously denying it. They didn't speak english so I phoned the girl at the shop who came out and phoned the police, who also didn't speak english. The boss of the curtain shop then came who also couldn't speak english. So we were basically left with only the girl from the shop talking to the police and I am sure she was saying we were making it up ! Anyway eventually the curtain boss ( who was actually a nice man ) told the police to go away and he would sort it. He came up with the £200 himself !! I don't know what happened after that but one of his staff ( there were two ) definately stole £200 from the drawer, Now I know it was very very stupid of me to leave it there but be aware about letting these people into your home.
And their curtains weren't that well made after all that the linings were hanging down but I daren't go back and complain!

Have to say though Erin Spot ( Bekir ) excellent for white goods and they made to measured all my wardrobes in a couple of days.
Also recommend Win house for mosquito screens.

Sorry about the long lay off but needed to warn people, although I am sure none of you are as stupid to leave money in an accessible drawer. We have been coming to Fethiye for 20 years and have never experienced a problem.

Offline busybee

Beware Actif Tekstils
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 20:52:56 PM »
Got a tale which is the exact opposite of yours. 3 years ago we ordered our curtains from Vizion on the back road. On the said day they actually came earlier than expected and only my husband was in.  Did the job exceedingly well.  My husband said he couldnt pay them cos he didnt know where I had put the money.  One of the curtain fitters said "I do" and pointed to the top of the wardrobe.  There was the 700Lira, untouched!! Now thats what I call an honest job. So got duly told off by hubby on my return and the curtain man got a very good tip!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf