Author Topic: Üzümlü Morel Mushroom Festival  (Read 10257 times)

Offline alec

Üzümlü Morel Mushroom Festival
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2009, 15:21:15 PM »
Point taken about mushroom crop failure etc, but these morels really are a feature of the district, and they're not just any old toadstools, so the idea was that it was worth centring the festival on them.  The intention is to involve other local products (wine, weaving...), local food, local customs etc, starting small this year and expanding later if it's successful.  And the news is that the first morel of the season has been spotted.

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2009, 15:33:44 PM »
The Festival sounds like a really great idea, should be fun & interesting learning about the local area, crafts etc  :)

Offline peecee

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2009, 16:08:09 PM »
Scunner, how long did it take you to find the previous post from Voyageur/Sagalout?  
Why is it that some people can put posts on here (e.g. organised by someone of questionable morels - to my mind offensive)and the Moderators do/say nothing but when somewhen makes the point that some of the 5 year old schoolboy 'humour' is not funny they get lambasted, especially by you?
It is, as usual, the moderators who encourage the silly posts.  
You are right, it IS through the forum that people will find out about local events but I, for one, would wonder what type of people would attend after reading some of the posts.
By the way, it wasn't Voyager who did put on the post, it was Mrs Voyageur.  Perhaps you would like to apologise to her? [?]

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2009, 17:03:45 PM »
quote:
how long did it take you to find the previous post from Voyageur/Sagalout?

Oh I don't know now, I didn't know I was supposed to time it, about 20 seconds?

quote:
organised by someone of questionable morels - to my mind offensive

Hahaha that's a new one, nobodies ever said that before about me. Thanks for being original when slagging me off :D It's morals by the way.

quote:
when somewhen makes the point that some of the 5 year old schoolboy 'humour' is not funny they get lambasted, especially by you?

Because childish humour is acceptable on CBF, take it or leave it. Go read the Times if CBF offends you.

quote:
it wasn't Voyager who did put on the post, it was Mrs Voyageur

Then maybe you should ask her about her husband's revolting morals when he posts on a public forum before questioning mine.

quote:
Perhaps you would like to apologise to her?

When she has enough influence over her husband's drunken and repulsive actions to get him to apologise to me and those unfortunate enough to read his vile tirade, I will think about it. Then I shall say no.

If you don't like CBF, go away. Visiting is not compulsory. Be careful what when you attack someone for being offensive, when you are defending people who use the internet to make offensive posts in public, it's a tricky stance to take.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2009, 17:52:10 PM »
Scunner, I think you are quite wrong to think the questionable morels bit was targetted at your good self, I think peecee was referring to the size of someones mushrooms.

Tinx

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2009, 17:54:09 PM »
Toads Tool?

Offline peecee

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2009, 17:54:09 PM »
The 'questionable morels' post was not put on by you (and I spelt it as PeterW did)
Why is it that the moderators and 'owner' of this forum feel they can say anything about anybody but if any criticism goes back their way then those people are told to 'get off if they don't like it'?
Mrs V is not responsible for what her husband thinks or says so why call her an idiot?
Seems to me anyone can put a post on here, whether offensive or not, but, God forbid, don't have a go at the people running the forum.  Is it a case of we'll dish it out but won't take it?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2009, 18:05:13 PM »
Funny, my wife feels very responsible for my actions, when they are not to her taste. I think she (Mrs. V) is responsible for whatever vile postings come from her house and her family but hey, that's childish old me.

Who put on the "questionable morels" post? Stop faffing around in gossip, spit it out! Why should I be responsible for vetting the posts of someone you find offensive? Offensive on CBF or in "real life"? I have no idea what you are talking about because you can't go further than hint about someone unnamed who in your opinion is "offensive"! Should 5000 members all email me with a list of people they find offensive, and I'll stop them all posting?

It is true that you shouldn't have a go at the people running the forum. We do it for love (and fun, sorry about that) - and range from people who get paid nothing for their efforts to one poor sod who bankrolled it for years  ;)

Once again, if you don't like it we don't need it running down. We know we can't please everyone but I suggest we please nearly everyone. That doesn't include people like you, and you should vote with your feet. If you prefer humour free websites, with topics like "What was the last thing you said to a peg" or "Is this utensil in your kitchen drawer", email me because I feel I can help.

Now, answer my questions in paragraph 2. Whispering about someone being offensive is easy, but no use to me. Stand up and shout the name of this person!

Offline peecee

« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2009, 19:21:26 PM »
Scunner, page 2, 7th post down posted by PeterW as I said in my last post! ;)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2009, 19:40:43 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by peterw

Meanwhile, back on topic . . .

This event is wonderful news - made even more wonderful by the fact that I'll actually be in Uzumlu when it's happening.

I'm looking forward to learning all about these special Turkish mushrooms from people with questionable morels . . . Boom Boom!

Peter

This one? Offensive?

You need to explain why, I can't see it...

It's a post from someone who is stating that it is a good idea, and they are most pleased that they will be over and able to attend. They further edge into non-serious mode (dangerous ground on a sensible forum like this) and make a small joke about trying local "magic mushrooms", should anyone dubious enough to have knowledge on such things be willing to share their knowledge on this hallucinogenic subject.

Peter will be surprised at the widespread offence he has caused to, erm, you.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf