Author Topic: New bar in the Village  (Read 6895 times)

Offline mikrik

New bar in the Village
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2009, 06:21:10 AM »
Getting back to the original topic, I heard that Mehmet in the Grapes Garden has started doing Sunday Lunches does anyone know anything about this[?]

Offline phil1839

New bar in the Village
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2009, 07:21:48 AM »
He starts this Sunday, he mentioned it to us yesterday.

Offline chris tippett

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2009, 18:28:25 PM »
On the subject of bars - what has happened to the chai house in the village centre? It appears that the 2 seating areas have been combined into one and all the tables are filled by old boys playing cards! Has the beer/snack bar part gone????

Offline saoirse

New bar in the Village
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2009, 20:23:25 PM »
always enjoyed sitting there over an efes or 2. Is it tea only now?

Offline chris tippett

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2009, 22:04:11 PM »
Saoirse, I think we all did. I think it's a big mistake if the owners are concentrating business on the local Turks as us foreign locals and the many tourists seemed to congregate there throughout the long summer months. The food was simple but good, esp the pides from accross the road.

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
New bar in the Village
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2009, 23:03:43 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by chris tippett

I think it's a big mistake if the owners are concentrating business on the local Turks as us foreign locals and the many tourists seemed to congregate there throughout the long summer months.

Or it could be that they DON`T WANT the foreigners there.

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
New bar in the Village
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2009, 23:59:05 PM »
I was thinking that.  Certainly last year the dolmus dropped off a load of tourists in the market square and one was a stupid woman in her late 30s with micro shorts, a sun top and platform soled sandals.  She was strutting around outside the mosque and I thought "what does she look like to the Turks sitting in the cay house"

Offline phil1839

New bar in the Village
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2009, 06:11:05 AM »
Last years owners had a one year lease and have not renewed it, the main reason being that they were refused a licence to sell alcohol. Apparently the belediyesi think that more teahouses were needed in the village!!! I also think that Rindaloo's and Crabbits comments are close to the mark.It's a pity because it was a nice place to sit and watch the world go by, it was a big shame when they moved the market from the square, the new location has no atmosphere.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
New bar in the Village
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2009, 08:55:45 AM »
thats a shame, it was a great place to sit and watch the world go by and partake in my favour hobby - people watching !  The new market area seems slightly sqashed and not much room to move around, but it does supply good shading for those sitting in the heat for most of the morning.  Gosh, where to sit and have a beer now ?  I'll have to resort to the hip flash again  ;) 8)

Offline saoirse

New bar in the Village
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2009, 09:23:56 AM »
When it was previously just a locals tea house I could have sworn  they also sold beer. Could be wrong though
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 09:24:31 AM by saoirse »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf