Author Topic: Beach  (Read 1652 times)

Offline brian evans

Beach
« on: April 20, 2009, 21:30:07 PM »
Hi

Are  there any plans to clean up the beach this year I was there a few weeks back some parts look ok but others needed some work . Will the council be doing anything or will it be down to the hotels and locals .

Brian

Offline sunnyd

Beach
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 22:46:12 PM »
The disappointing thing is that nothing ever seems to be done about the beach at Calis... BUT Olu Deniz managed to get a load of 'new' sand deposited on the beach.... why can't Calis get the same?.... The mayor got re-elected this year..due to the work that is going on in the Fethiye area...(even though alot of the plans for the new roads, harbour etc have been in existence since before he was elected the first time!). so why can't he look at what is going on in Olu Deniz and apply the same things here???

Offline sandgrounder

Beach
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 07:22:52 AM »
The beach is getting sorted slowly. There is a small group of council employees that are meticulously working their way along the beach clearing all the big boulders and rocks etc and giving the beach a general tidy. It's looking a lot better this year than it has done previously.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
Beach
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 12:27:10 PM »
I was at Olu beach last week and there were 6 guys working thier way along the beach raking the stones into piles on the sand then 1 would dig a small hole and another would follow and rake in the stones then re cover with sand. Why the coucil dont get a rake fitted to a tractor and do it properly I dont know.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Beach
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 13:07:41 PM »
bewva - cos its Turkey !! it wouldn't be the same without its quirky way of working !!!!:D

Offline ronzeus

Beach
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 13:52:14 PM »
No Pookie ,its to do with employing local ,as even cheap labour looks good on employment figuers.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Beach
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 15:16:49 PM »
yup, I realise.... ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf