Author Topic: Cese Market (Near Oykun Hotel)  (Read 8617 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Cese Market (Near Oykun Hotel)
« on: June 12, 2009, 15:14:18 PM »
We had a leaflet at our Villa for the Cese Market (near the Oykan Hotel) in Calis with details of free deliveries and the services they offer.    We called around to see them with two sheets and four pillow cases I had washed, as ironing was advertised at 3 TL per kilo. I asked for them to be only ironed.   I left the sheets off and told the guy I would pick them up.  The next day we had a visit from Cese with another price list.   We were going to have a barbeque and asked if they would bring up some brickettes and some firework and also the sheets and pillowcases.  The guy was very helpful and when he returned a couple of hours later he brought the sheets etc, and the items we asked for and also 1 kilo of steak!!!!.  We assumed he had miss heard us, as we already had steak for the barbeque, however, we just bought the steak from him as we thought it was a genuine mistake.  We noted on the invoice the ironing was 4 TL.

The next week we visited the Cese Market with two sheets and four pillow cases and asked for them to be just ironed.  The guy said he would deliver them the next day as he knew our Villa now.  Next day he arrived at our Villa with his brother and demanded 12.50 TL for the ironing.  My husband was in the shower at the time.  I told him that it was only 4 TL last week but he was adamant that it was 12.50 TL.  I could not find the receipt for last week or the price list, he then said he was take 10 TL.    I gave him the 10 TL.  After they left I found the price list it was 3 TL per kilo.  We weighed the ironing with our suitcase scales, it weighed 1.4 Kilos.
This is a warning if you use this place to get the items you want and the price sorted out initially so there cannot be any mistakes.  Incidentally, the steak was tough and stringy.
Jacqui.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 15:22:59 PM »
Don't all these dishonest businesses know we tell all their scams to hundreds of other Brits on here? Someone tell them  ;)

CESE MARKET (NEAT OYKUN HOTEL) = RIP OFF, AVOID

My mum used to put the sheets under the cushions of the settee :D

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 15:53:04 PM »
I get my crate of beer delivered from there 47.5 ytl, anyone know anywhere better? I will speak to him next time I see him.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 17:18:41 PM »
Keith, I made the mistake of buying cotton sheets they are a nightmare to iron when they dry, I would love to put them under the cushions and find the fairies had magically straightened them.
Tinks, I suppose you may get a difference service from this place as you are a resident in Calis and not a visitor, who knows, but my facts on how we were treated speak for themselves.
Jacqui

Offline julesbob0303

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 23:44:38 PM »
Jacqui, I also bought cotton sheets in Gunlukbasi - as you say, a nightmare to iron.  :(  I took over a couple of spares (the supposedly non-iron type) from Dunelm and a cheapie £4 iron from Tesco.  A quick once-over and they're done!  :D

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2009, 08:57:51 AM »
Yes, I am now gradually replacing my cotton sheets, although they are cheap in Turkey you would need an industrial steam press to iron them.  I managed to buy some fitted sheets in Debenhams in Istanbul when we visted a couple of weeks ago.  Will have a look in Dunelm before we go out to Calis again.  Thanks for the info.
Jacqui.

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2009, 20:37:36 PM »
Primark sheets are the best!

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 11:16:27 AM »
The first time you get in the bed the sheets are messed up, what's the point ironing them, just wash them and put them on the line, let the wind blow the creases out, can't you tell i live on my own, lol. Alan

Offline sunnyd

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2009, 11:16:57 AM »
I completely agree :D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2009, 11:18:45 AM »
Typical women, a story about a rip off is forgotten whilst a discussion on sheets takes it's place.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf