Author Topic: Cese Market (Near Oykun Hotel)  (Read 8615 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Cese Market (Near Oykun Hotel)
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2009, 11:29:10 AM »
Quite right Keith, however, I don't think Number2 will like being described as a woman!!.
We will not use the Cese Market again, as being conned twice is just too much.  Will go back to the laundry in the main street if necessary.  However, if everyone who reads this takes the precaution of getting things clear with the Cese if they use them, then I think the object of the thread has been achieved.
Jacqui.

Offline Tiff

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2009, 11:50:14 AM »
The guy who runs the shop is quite pushy.We placed an order once which he delivered promptly but I was out and my husband had to go upstairs to retrieve his wallet to pay him. He expected that the guy would wait for him on the dorrstep but when he came down, he was inside in the hall having a good look around . Didnt like that .He continues to pop round with price lists but instead of putting them in the postbox outside the gate,if he sees signs of life he strolls straight into the garden. Gives me the creeps! Thankfully there are plenty of other places who will deliver free of charge.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2009, 18:37:36 PM »
His brother just walked into our garden too, and the next time he arrived up he again came into the garden then tried to follow me into the house.   He was a creepy guy too and kept calling me Darling.
It would be interesting to see a list of other places that do deliveries as we have not see any advertised.
Jacqui.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2009, 19:05:56 PM »
I feel as though I have to replie to this topic. I have used that shop loads and do admit I got ripped off once by the brother for a box of cat biscuits but when I said they were over priced he let me off a few lira.
Rammi the owner has brought me loads of deliveries to my apartment and come in and I have never felt threatened by him ever, he also calls me darling and I really think that is just his way.
He also made a phone call for me once from his phone about some furniture I was expecting.
I am not saying that charging too much for the laundry was right, it wasn't, but I genuinely think he does not mean any harm at all.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2009, 11:27:46 AM »
Sorry, if I get ripped off by someone(twice) and I don't feel comfortable with them I tend not to
use them again.  Obviously, he means no harm, he just tries it on with foreigners.
Jacqui.  

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2011, 17:40:45 PM »
I read this topic some while ago, had a spare 1/2 hour after dinner tonight so went to investigate the Ces Market as I had previously collected a price list from there but had yet to use them. I was greeted in a warm & friendly manner, allowed to browse at my leisure, treated respectfully when I asked about the prices/delivery of their goods + the varying alternatives about delivery etc. explained clearly & politely.

So, I then decided I would show the owner (Rambo as he introduced himself) this topic & ask his opinion. I explained everything to him clearly, Jacquis dislike, Karens like etc. I also explained the usage of the word "darling" MAY upset SOME women, especially when alone. Rambo looked at me in dismay, he had no idea that he nor his brother (who uses this term all the time) had been upsetting anyone, I believe his dismay was 100% genuine as he asked me how to apologise to anyone he had upset.

He clearly remembered Jacqui from her profile pic saying there was a dispute over the laundry so he's not unintelligent. I am not saying they are good or bad folk nor am I recommending them to the members of the forum as I've yet to use them, just giving an account of 1/2 hour spent in the Ces Market earlier today.

PS: Current price of a crate of Efes is 72.5tl, cooked chickens 12.5tl, water 5.5tl, all delivery charges included in those prices.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2011, 18:57:33 PM »
I have used them for years and never a problem

Offline barry44544

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2011, 19:20:29 PM »
Same old story here.... vote with your feet.
We have never had bad service from this shop and we have found
him very reliable.
You get the service you pay for.
It is worth it sometimes just to get things delivered to your door, particularly when its 45deg. Lol.

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2011, 19:26:25 PM »
Considering the topic is well over 2 years old, I can't imagine a scenario where you'd just walk into someone's shop and raise this Supercabby. What was the purpose [?][?][?]
We also use him when we're on holiday and have found him nothing but pleasant, cheerful and friendly.
It's the same everywhere, some places/people/services are more pleasing than others, so you go where suits you.
Confused.com

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2011, 19:34:02 PM »
I confess to being confused also supacabby.

Is it your intention to carry out similar exercises in various establishments in Calis.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf