Author Topic: Cese Market (Near Oykun Hotel)  (Read 8614 times)

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
Cese Market (Near Oykun Hotel)
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2011, 20:43:09 PM »
The purpose was exactly as I explained in my post. I had read about this place & wanted to make my own decision as there were both positive & negative posts (I had just been to the cash-point which actually jogged my memory), the same as I have done with the various restaurants in Calis & Fethiye since moving here if you read any of my latest reviews.

I wondered what reaction I would get from someone described as creepy, pushy & rude yet by others as being ok to deal with, the answer to that is in my post above.

When I next need some water or a gas bottle delivering I'll give the Ces a try as I was treated perfectly well & his prices are better than some others.

Toky: The topic is 2 years old but I hadn't read it until sometime recently when I used the search facility to do my research as to where I might get some things delivered from due to my current water supplier putting his prices up compared to others I'd heard of.

Highlander: What do you mean by "similar exercises"? If you mean trying out various places to gauge service levels & costs then very much so. My current 8 month trip to Calis is being used as a guide to the cost of living & quality of life here with a view to a permanent early retirement move, a fact that is well documented on this forum.

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2011, 20:54:29 PM »
Think you should have based your outcome on the service, quality, and price you were offerd rather than a man's reaction to being challanged about a 2 year old issue that had nothing to do with what you'd gone in for! Sorry, I just think its arrogance IMHO

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2011, 21:43:25 PM »
"When I next need some water or a gas bottle delivering I'll give the Ces a try as I was treated perfectly well & his prices are better than some others"

That was the basis of my choice to give the Ces a try next time I'm in need of that type of shopping, if you find that arrogance then so be it, I respect your opinion.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2011, 21:53:30 PM »
In fairness it is the same guy as two years ago and people should indeed go and make their own minds up on people/places and the like. I found that to be the only way to live in Calis. If you believe everyone's stories about everything you'd have nowhere to shop and no friends over there.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2011, 22:14:48 PM »
After the delivery incident we did not go back.  We moved on, why use a place where you have had a bad experience.  As I read it, the staff are still the same, so no reason to go back .  In fact, it still makes me shudder when I think back to these guys pushing into my livingroom demanding money.
However, it's personal choice where anyone wants to shop. If you like this place, it's fine with me.  I really care now how great a shop is that I will never use again.  It's history now. We have moved on and found some really good markets local to our Villa.  In fact, can throughly recommend the two markets either side of Ibrahim Gul Cadesi just near the Taxi Rank and the Palms Restaurant.  Really good markets and nice people.
Incidentally, Scunner, mine was no "story" it was fact.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2011, 22:22:27 PM »
My point isn't about fact or story - my point is that people should be allowed to make their own mind up if they choose to. To me it appears to be a rip off and I wouldn't go out of my way to use them but Supacabby seems to be being attacked for deciding to go and find out for himself how they treat him and deal with him.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2011, 22:27:14 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Supacabby
[Highlander: What do you mean by "similar exercises"? If you mean trying out various places to gauge service levels & costs then very much so. My current 8 month trip to Calis is being used as a guide to the cost of living & quality of life here with a view to a permanent early retirement move, a fact that is well documented on this forum.

I have absolutely no problem with that - it makes perfect sense. What I am struggling with is why you felt the need to show the person in question a topic from CBF. Surely you could have gauged the level of service etc by merely using the shop.

Whilst scunner agrees, I somehow cannot see him walking into a shop brandishing an extract from cbf. I maybe wrong of course.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 22:30:32 PM by Highlander »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2011, 22:30:25 PM »
No but when it has been a topic about someone I know, who I also know does not visit CBF, I have contacted them to tell them they are being "discussed". I wouldn't print off a page from CBF and go show a stranger, if that answers your question.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2011, 22:57:38 PM »
supacabby - have you been to Bostans for a coffee. ;).

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2011, 00:03:51 AM »
quote:
but Supacabby seems to be being attacked for deciding to go and find out for himself how they treat him and deal with him.

Think you missed the point here Scunner. Absolutely no attack on Supercabby, (I've enjoyed reading about his transition to Calis), just a query on why he felt the need to challange the guy over this issue,when the reason for the visit was unrelated.
quote:
When I next need some water or a gas bottle delivering I'll give the Ces a try as I was treated perfectly well & his prices are better than some others. That was the basis of my choice to give the Ces a try

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf