Author Topic: Cese Market (Near Oykun Hotel)  (Read 8616 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Cese Market (Near Oykun Hotel)
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2011, 16:44:20 PM »
It's generally not about rules, it's about interpretation on here. For example, Jacqui appeared a little offended that I called her facts a story and that wasn't my intention - I have met Jacqui and I'm sure she would never make up a story just to cause harm to a business or person - and I agreed on page 1 that the story (see, story - it is a story and that doesn't make it fiction at all) was enough for me not to want to give them my business. Actually I have never used the place (for no reason other than it never happened) and now I still probably wouldn't.

I am making two points which I realise are almost contradictory to each other. Firstly, that people should not take a story as being fact just because someone told you or you overheard it. "Don't use his bar he...blah...blah...blah" and "yes he has been ripping people off for years..." - honestly, if you live there you'll end up with nowhere to drink and if you fall out with people because people you know have fallen out with them you'll be all alone in no time  :)

The contradictory point I would make is that enough people that you know tell your their opinion on a place, you don't need to go to make sure. This was the case with Kale Park - which we adored - enough people who's opinion we trust told us to forget it during our last holiday there, and we did.

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
Cese Market (Near Oykun Hotel)
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2011, 21:48:14 PM »
Thanks Keith, appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf