Author Topic: BREAK INS!  (Read 28160 times)

Offline lanky

BREAK INS!
« Reply #160 on: October 09, 2009, 13:21:59 PM »
At last i think i have found the real reason behind the spate of breakins in Uzumlu. The other day i was in Fethiye shopping with my wife. We went into this quite large modern shop, and was served by a very polite young man. He spoke perfect English, and asked if we lived here, we said we lived in Uzumlu. He asked if we enjoyed living here, we said yes, except for all the burglaries we have been having. He had heard about this, and went on to explain the reason behind them. Apparently it is the fault of the Turkish government, who do not give them enough money when they are out of work, or do not set a high enough minimum wage when they are in work. Therefore these young men (or women) have no option but to rob people. This young man was very sincere, and believed what he was saying. Perhaps i could suggest that all budding burglars be sent to the UK, where the government there will throw money at them, leaving us in Uzumlu able to sleep safely in our beds.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
BREAK INS!
« Reply #161 on: October 09, 2009, 22:48:55 PM »
lanky good thoughts:D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
BREAK INS!
« Reply #162 on: October 09, 2009, 22:58:07 PM »
What did they do to make ends meet before the expensive houses went up? Not a jot of sympathy from here I'm afraid.

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
BREAK INS!
« Reply #163 on: October 09, 2009, 23:32:05 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by lanky

Apparently it is the fault of the Turkish government, who do not give them enough money when they are out of work, or do not set a high enough minimum wage when they are in work. Therefore these young men (or women) have no option but to rob people.

The biggest load of bull (bloody hell, that`s polite for me) I`ve ever read and believe me I`ve read some in my lifetime

Offline lanky

BREAK INS!
« Reply #164 on: October 10, 2009, 06:58:29 AM »
Needless to say, we left the shop almost in a state of shock. Lets hope not too many think along the same lines as he does.

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
BREAK INS!
« Reply #165 on: October 12, 2009, 14:40:38 PM »
the only problems I can see with alarm systems are that electric supply failure may set them off (yes i know they have battery back up). and who will respond to alarm goung off, police? more likely turk with a gun will shoot alarm to shut it up. If it is still the uk from which most own/ rent villas etc. And Turkey still considers it wants the income from us, the government should do something about this, even if the local people don't vote for the party in power. vistors / Guests of Turkey should be respected as those in turn respect the host nation.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf