Author Topic: house alarm going off  (Read 7203 times)

Offline mr efes

« on: July 13, 2009, 10:10:59 AM »
I live down in the valley below the properties you pass up on the mountainside on your way out of uzumlu towards kizibel. At 1am  yesterday I noticed a vehicle looking suspicious up on the road near a villa. Just over 2 hrs later at 3.05 AM we were still outside sipping the efes and a house alarm was going off near enough where this vehicle was hanging about. what was even stranger was ten minutes later a white old shape mazda or toyota type double cab cutting through the small track between our villa,we rarely get any vehicles going past even in the day becouse we are off the beaten track. I just felt with all the recent events around uzumlu i should see if anyone else can shed any light ?

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
house alarm going off
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 10:58:34 AM »
Did you go and check it out?

Offline phil1839

house alarm going off
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 11:38:40 AM »
What was the colour, make and reg. no. of the vehicle in the suspicious location so we can keep an eye out for it in the village or was it the white pick-up and have you passed this info onto the village jandarma?

Offline Firo

house alarm going off
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 16:10:28 PM »
Saw Eddie this morning and he was just back from the Jandarma translating for another UK couple who had a break in last night with some kids in the house.[:(!]
 It was on the far side of the village near the Denizli road so you should tell the Jandarma what you heard and saw as they might be connected.
The burgular jumped off a balcony of 30 mts height, so he says, after being confronted and then ran off.:(
Eddie says that makes 28 in the last 2 months. Please everyone be very aware of your security.
Fi

Offline mr efes

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 20:42:04 PM »
Unfortunately i wasn't close enough to get the registration number, however it was definitely an old shape nissan or mazda. After reading Fiona's post, I have spoken to eddy and it seems the burglary was certainly in the right vicinity. It's a great shame the ba--ard didn't break his legs jumping off the balcony!!

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
house alarm going off
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 06:02:08 AM »
30 metres height.....that equates to about 6 floors up. It does not sound very likely unless they are building high rise in Uzumlu :)

Offline BabaYard

house alarm going off
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 07:19:22 AM »
It seems that they are targeting the sliding balcony doors, as most people now have the internal windows locks and even bars on the ground floor windows. It's important that if your have this type of balcony door, that you get some top and bottom screw in bolts fitted to the middle PVC / wooden section. This stops them prizing the doors open. I also lock the bedroom door where our balcony is when we are out, so that even if someone did get in, they have a much harder job in accessing the rest of the property.

Offline Firo

house alarm going off
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 08:19:23 AM »
Tribalelder...The height was because the houses in that area are on a steep hillside so from some top bedrooms there is a huge drop.
Shame he didn't break his legs as someone else said : :)
Fi

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
house alarm going off
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 09:47:56 AM »
Nevertheless, 30 Metres is an unlikely height to jump and survive.  If it was 30 Metres, maybe we are up against Spiderman ad if that's the case, we are sunk!!!   ;)

Offline Firo

house alarm going off
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 12:50:30 PM »
This is Turkey and a male told me the height and we all know how they like to exagerate  ;):D
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 12:51:34 PM by Firo »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf