Author Topic: house alarm going off  (Read 7206 times)

Offline calvin 1949

house alarm going off
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2009, 13:16:17 PM »
Bit of i Chinese whisper i think  ;)i think it is about time people started only posting facts ,The number of breaking seems to get exaggerated each time someone adds to the post.Calvin 8)

Offline mr efes

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2009, 17:30:22 PM »
Certainly not Chinese whispers the facts are that there has been over a dozen break-ins, in a very short space of time, surely communication between the expats is common sense for all of us, perhaps Calvin has got some better ideas.. ;)

Offline calvin 1949

house alarm going off
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2009, 18:40:30 PM »
All i am trying to say is ,i know that there is a problem  also some of us went and met the Mayor to discus our worries.It in my view does  not help   to blow things out of proportion ie jumping over 40 metre wall or increasing the number of robberies to both expats and to our Turkish neighbours! who are as worried about the situation as we are.Calvin
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 09:35:40 AM by calvin 1949 »

Offline chris tippett

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2009, 19:59:35 PM »
This is our 4th summer here and there have been burglaries in the village every summer - FACT.
Just like in uk it is surely the responsibility of each and every homeowner to take the precautions he/she feels necessary - be it window bars, better locks, alarms/security lights or a bloody great alsatian! Unlike Hisarannou, Ovacik or Calis we live in a village where there is a glaringly obvious distinction between traditional Turkish homes and our 'millionaire' villas where the wealthy live! Sadly, imo whilst 'wealthy' Brits live here we are likely to be targetted in the future. It is down to us individually to take the necessary protection for our families and our possessions.

Offline peecee

house alarm going off
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2009, 05:23:42 AM »
If you having sliding doors you can put in a piece of wood (or metal) which is the width of one of the doors.  Put it into the runner bit at the bottom and it's impossible to open the door.  Cheap and very effective

Offline Diverbaz 1

house alarm going off
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2009, 08:34:47 AM »

But that only stops the inner sliding door from being opened, the other outer door can still be opened.

Baz 8)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
house alarm going off
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2009, 09:39:35 AM »
if you have a sliding door like I have, only one side slides, the other is fixed.

Offline peecee

house alarm going off
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2009, 12:40:18 PM »
Same here, only one of my doors slides open

Offline Diverbaz 1

house alarm going off
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2009, 13:49:51 PM »

You must have the cheap versions then:D:D ;), ours will open either way.
So as I said, if your doors are double sliding doors, the wood/metal strip does not work, I would not like to think someone tries this and the intruder just walks in the other side.

Baz 8)

Offline mikrik

house alarm going off
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2009, 15:52:24 PM »
I find it surprising that Mr Efes, being aware of the problem of burglaries, hears a burglar alarm going off and then sees a strange vehicle behaving suspiciously but does nothing about it apart from posting an entry on this forum.
Perhaps a call to the Jandarma at the time might have been more appropriate?
If anyone sees or hears anything which is genuinely suspicious surely it makes sense to call the police and inform them immediately.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf