Author Topic: house alarm going off  (Read 7204 times)

Offline corbindallas

house alarm going off
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2009, 13:42:16 PM »
Sorry to hear your news Kit Kat,I am unconvienced Turkey has a low crime rate, we all know the guff about statistics being played with in the UK let alone in Turkey as a ex UK police inspector I know this very well. Jandarma are conscripted into the police and most have very little experience in crime work and training is poor and very basic, most are just working their national service out.Turkeys way of dealing with crime is to fire fight it which is frankly to late. For example if some one dies in a moped accident they try to enforce crash helmet wearing for a few days, if there is burglaries they respond with more officers but with little co ordination to produce a result. The emergency number operator in Turkey will hang up on you if you do not speak Turkish, in the UK the number will be traced (if home phone) and you will still get a response usually emregency response if the operator hears distress in the tone of voice.I am not anti Turkey from from it by this post I am just being realistic on what people should expect here.

Offline corbindallas

house alarm going off
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2009, 13:51:58 PM »
On the Fethiye Times site there is a 2 page on how to contact the police in Turkey that you may find usefull I tried to link it without success.

http://www.fethiyetimes.org.uk/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=viewid=862itemid=58

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf