Author Topic: Uzumlu Butcher - fraudulent card payments  (Read 8590 times)

Offline friar tuck

Uzumlu Butcher - fraudulent card payments
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2009, 19:42:44 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by calvin 1949

Agree wholeheartedly with Villan i think time to stand back and reassess the situation , and in the cold light of day i am sure that Stephens  problem can be sorted . life is to short for all this bad feeling .Regards Calvin

Hear hear, life is too short and all we want to do is enjoy our beautiful part of Turkiye , which the locals have always welcomed us to.

Offline wickwilly

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2009, 19:46:08 PM »
I too would be angry if nothing had been resolved in 4 months.Clearly you should speak to a solicitor about this if your bank or the butcher wont help you.
WW

Offline phil1839

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2009, 19:54:47 PM »
Before I start I will say that I am a good friend of Eddie and his dad, in the three years that I have lived here I have found them to be both generous in friendship and in material ways. I am suprised that it has come to the situation where someone is being called disreputable and dishonest. In the four months this has been going on how long have you been here Stephen and during that time have they offered to go to the bank with you to sort this matter out? I am free on Monday and if you wish I will accompany you to the bank with Eddie and Seyfun and act as an independent person to get this matter resolved,I am sure they will be available and agreeable.

Offline villan

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2009, 21:04:23 PM »
Wise words and cool heads!But only right that justice also be seen to be done and that should not involve the son(and my pal!)translating.Need total independence.Sadly,strong defamatory statements have been published and it is in everyone`s interest to resolve matters properly and this wiil obviously necessitate requisite apololgies at some stage.Cheers.Jan

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2009, 21:38:07 PM »
not sure I understand your post Jan ....?

Offline villan

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2009, 21:58:30 PM »
Originally posted by pookie

not sure I understand your post Jan ....?
[
Sorry.Just that there has been a serious mistake(and we all know what Turkish banks are like);Stephen is out of pocket and understandably unchuffed;Butcher has been seriously libelled.You and the others have sensibly suggested amicable resolution,and Phil has kindly offered to assist.My only further suggestion was merely that perhaps Eddie would not be the ideal interpreter given the sensitivity and familial proximity-but that is for Stephen to consider.
/quote]

Offline mikrik

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2009, 10:57:14 AM »
I'm sorry to hear that you've had this problem Steven and understand that you should feel aggrieved. I too have had a similar problem with the bank but found that they corrected the matter very quickly when I called in at the branch in Fethiye.
I must also say that I've always found Sayfun and Sesgin to be honest and honourable people even before Sayfun opened his present shop premises.
I commend Phil, whom I also know to be an honourable man, for his offer to help resolve this matter.
If there is a problem with the translator, most banks have an abundance of English speaking staff who are always willing to help

Offline cadavanti

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2009, 11:10:16 AM »
e have had the same problem with the petrol stationon two occasions, however our credit card company refunded the payments and are taking  it up with the garage, this may be a honst mistake but we were never issued with transaction cancelled reciepts which makes me wonder

Offline friar tuck

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2009, 12:35:31 PM »
Well said Phil and well done I sincerely hope this problem can and will be resolved as soon as possible, I will add that the reason I use Seyfun is because his prices are always the same because he is up to date with his scanner etc., not always the case in other local shops, but I suppose that happens all over.

Offline jsp51

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2009, 12:36:53 PM »
We too have been using this shop since we bought in Uzumlu nearly 3 years ago. We have found him helpfull in every way and honest.
If as Stephen says the locals don't use him then that is probably because he is a little expensive for some items, but that is the price you pay for convenience. If like us you do not have a car then the extra you pay for some items is still better than having to bus it to Fethiye.
Also I would like to add that unlike most, if not all the other shops in the Village he does put a price lable on his stock, so you know exactly what it will cost, then it's up to you if you buy or not. This rules out the one price for locals and an inflated price for tourists, which sadly does happen in other shops.
Also when we have shopped there he will always offer us a lift home, or if he is busy we go alone and he will bring the shopping to the house when he is free.
I can only think this issue must be a banking error and would suggest as Phil did it is sorted out via the banks and not the strong arm of the law.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf