Author Topic: Uzumlu Butcher - fraudulent card payments  (Read 8592 times)

Offline stephen4355

Uzumlu Butcher - fraudulent card payments
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2009, 12:51:09 PM »
Thank you all for your comments. I appreciate the feedback and especially the positive comments that commend the butcher and his shop. I also liked him enormously, had great fun and was more than happy spending money there and enjoying his company whilst doing so. It's this that makes it all the worse and regretable. I feel betrayed frankly, and I had warned I would go public if nothing was done to address the problem.

The situation to resolve this really is quite simple and does not require me to go to the butchers bank. His bank is his business. He has a list of transactions from my statement and the dates showing payments made to his account. Either that money went into his account or it did not ? The butcher just like you and me will have his statements. If by some remote chance the monies showing as paid from my account have not been credited to his account then I need some help from the butcher - his bank and my bank to see where those payments did go. I have been repeatedly promised these matters would be looked into and addressed.. They have not, and until posting this yesterday I seriously doubted they would have. I am grateful for the forum and its members for being a vehicle to at least get a reaction and perhaps a little urgency now in resolving these matters. I am very freindly, easy going and what is more forgiving, but I will not be messed around, fobbed off, and taken for a ride by anyone. I will do whatever is required to have this resolved as quickly as possible so a line can be drawn. However... Eddie the enraged Son has done little to facilitate matters given his deplorable actions last evening. On my leaving to Dalaman last evening I briefly encountered Eddie as I passed the butchers shop. He was aggressive, mean, verbally abusive and verbally threatening. I simply insisted that this should be resolved and it should not have come to this. I suggested a repayment ASAP would be helpful. Eddie refused to listen but wanted to shout. I then departed as I am not interested in having such a yelling match in the street. Eddie then followed me in hot persuit in his car chasing mine as I went on my way to Dalaman. He repeatedly overtook, cut in, cut me up. He yelled and screamend uncontralabley with rage like a mad dog. He shouted racial abuse slagging the English. This continued all the way down the hillside road where on occasions in his attempts to stop me, he tried to run me off the road ! His diving was wreckless and dangerous. His manner and behaviour totally illegal and unacceptable. To cap it off whilst swerving violently from side to side Eddie managed to produce a large long stick with which he then aggressively made very threatening and violent gestures.. All whilst driving at speed!
I beg to ask the question why does Eddie have such a threatening weapon at the ready being carried in his car? All of last nights events were whitnessed. Eddie was even foolish enough to carry out all of this whilst we were being followed by another car !

Yes, yes... I would like an end to this, and to call it a day, and in an amicable manner. What message can Eddies uncontrollable and indefensable actions of last night do to help? I suspect we have regretably not heard the last of this until I recieve an unreserved apology and payment due in full without any further delay.

Eddie now unfortunatly would seem to be in risk of very serious trouble with the authorities unless he takes urgent corrective action. I am sure his very many friends will advise him soon enough what he should do.

I shall continue to post factual accounts of these matters until resolved.    

Stephen Chidgey.      

quote:
Originally posted by phil1839

Before I start I will say that I am a good friend of Eddie and his dad, in the three years that I have lived here I have found them to be both generous in friendship and in material ways. I am suprised that it has come to the situation where someone is being called disreputable and dishonest. In the four months this has been going on how long have you been here Stephen and during that time have they offered to go to the bank with you to sort this matter out? I am free on Monday and if you wish I will accompany you to the bank with Eddie and Seyfun and act as an independent person to get this matter resolved,I am sure they will be available and agreeable.

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2009, 13:00:15 PM »
Phew, this is escalating.  My thinking is that it is for the butcher to sort this out with his bank.  I assume you have given him plenty of time to sort this out before you resorted to mentioning all this on CBF.  I like Eddie and an dismayed and sickened at his reaction to all of this.  Clearly he thinks you have been unreasonable.  BUT if you have approached his father and explained the situation and had no help from him then what on earth were you supposed to do next?  -Go away and forget about it, sign it off to the vagaries of the banking system?  I don't think so.

Offline friar tuck

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2009, 13:29:23 PM »
Posted - 25 July 2009 :  06:47:05 First Topic Posted
Posted - 25 July 2009 : 07:54:43 Second Topic Posted

I suspect after reading your introduction and having your place in Uzumlu for three years, you have only just joined CBF to have a go at Seyfun, I also suspect there is more to this than meets the eye, having known Sesgin for over 4 years now I have never known him act in the manner you describe.

Offline stephen4355

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2009, 13:42:49 PM »
Hi Friar T. Yes.. you are right in that I have used the forum to get a result from the butcher. I am pleased you have faith in him and so did I.. Ther is nothing more to this than the fact I have lost out financially and that is of no concern to the butcher for why I dont understand..
I doubt you would sit around and do nothing in this situation. Believe me, nobody regrets me having to air this in public more than me, but having warned him and Eddie I would do so and they still do nothing then what am I to do ?  As I said and I am happy to endorse. I liked him and enjoyed shopping at that shop. Good quality product and I always got great service... All the more perplexing then that given this it is not sorted and become the issue it has.

quote:
Originally posted by friar tuck

Posted - 25 July 2009 :  06:47:05 First Topic Posted
Posted - 25 July 2009 : 07:54:43 Second Topic Posted

I suspect after reading your introduction and having your place in Uzumlu for three years, you have only just joined CBF to have a go at Seyfun, I also suspect there is more to this than meets the eye, having known Sesgin for over 4 years now I have never known him act in the manner you describe.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2009, 14:52:54 PM »
Stephen, I think its terrible what has happened to you,I can see it in black and white, you've been charged for goods you did not get, and want your money back, simple,
but I cant help but think no matter how this is resolved you wont be able to relax and enjoy your home in the sun in the future,especially with the antics of the irate son,I would have been terrified, but hope it all works out well.

Offline stephen4355

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2009, 14:59:31 PM »
Hello Iaffa,

Thank you for your comment. The Son Eddie is a very good guy in fact and does very good deads to help many English people and others with translations among other things. He obviously and quite naturally has to support his Father and was very misguided in what he did last night. I was not and am not intimidated by such behaviour however my passenger was extremely so. he is young and will learn soon enough right and wrong as well as what is acceptable behaviour.
I come out as often as work allows so not in Uzumlu all the time much as I would like. I am sure all this will be well resolved by the time I retire .. Thank you again

quote:
Originally posted by laffa

Stephen, I think its terrible what has happened to you,I can see it in black and white, you've been charged for goods you did not get, and want your money back, simple,
but I cant help but think no matter how this is resolved you wont be able to relax and enjoy your home in the sun in the future,especially with the antics of the irate son,I would have been terrified, but hope it all works out well.

Offline goatman

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2009, 15:05:18 PM »
i have watched this thread escalate with interest and shock. i promised myself i would not put any more comments on here but i feel i have to. We have only read one side of this event and as friar tuck said there must be more to this than we are reading. Although Eddies actions (as stated by Stephen) seem unreasonable i feel there must have been something said or done for him to react that way.We still have to appreciate we are in their country and that what we think are simple and quick problems that are resolved instantly in the UK are not over here.

Offline stephen4355

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2009, 15:21:15 PM »
Hi Goatman,

If you discover what the "more than this" is , please do let me know. As far as I am concerned, it could not be simpler regardless of any cultural differences. Money is money.. You buy goods for a price and do not accept paying 3 times the face value. It may well have been a genuine mistake originally no doubt.. However.. to ignore the issue, and discount the concerns of a good customer for such an extended period is plain bad business.  I have always accepted that I am a guest in Turkey. I believe in using local businesses and treating all in a friendly respectful manner..  That does not preclude me standing up for what is right and holding my corner when required to do so as I am sure you would in similar circumstances. I have also been balanced I feel in reflecting the good I experienced with the butcher and his shop goods and services. Furthermore and despite last nights serious threatening behaviour and dangerous acts by Eddie, I have at the sametime acknowledged he is popular, likable and does good things.. I think I am being generous in my balanced reflections given the gravity of the experiences..
Stephen  

quote:
Originally posted by goatman

i have watched this thread escalate with interest and shock. i promised myself i would not put any more comments on here but i feel i have to. We have only read one side of this event and as friar tuck said there must be more to this than we are reading. Although Eddies actions (as stated by Stephen) seem unreasonable i feel there must have been something said or done for him to react that way.We still have to appreciate we are in their country and that what we think are simple and quick problems that are resolved instantly in the UK are not over here.

Offline cadavanti

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2009, 15:27:44 PM »
Hi Stephen
You do not mention what bank you use, however it should make no difference,when your card transaction is being processed it goes through an authorisation centre.sometimes when they are busy the transaction will return as unauthorised this is due to time scales, this can happen a few times so is not the retailers problem as he has no control over it.
It can then happen that the authorisation centre then recieves the origional request which is then authorised.now that you have your statement with the duplicated transactions you  should contact your bank and advise of the matter. the bank will then dispute the tranactions with the retailers bank and hopefully refund your money,
There should be no need to contact the retailer as banks will take action

Offline stephen4355

« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2009, 15:39:45 PM »
Hi Cadavanti. My debit card was a UK issue Barclays Visa. If I am a good customer and my supplier is in receipt of duplicate funds and cash as well why would they just not either deny having those funds or refund them?  My bank can't claw back debit card payments made where a pin number has been entered to confirm the transaction. In each case this was so.. Therfore I am reliant on the honesty and co-operation of my supplier. Yet to be forthcoming ! Thanks for input.. I wish it was possible the way you suggest... It would be so preferable to where we are now.

Regards

quote:
Originally posted by cadavanti

Hi Stephen
You do not mention what bank you use, however it should make no difference,when your card transaction is being processed it goes through an authorisation centre.sometimes when they are busy the transaction will return as unauthorised this is due to time scales, this can happen a few times so is not the retailers problem as he has no control over it.
It can then happen that the authorisation centre then recieves the origional request which is then authorised.now that you have your statement with the duplicated transactions you  should contact your bank and advise of the matter. the bank will then dispute the tranactions with the retailers bank and hopefully refund your money,
There should be no need to contact the retailer as banks will take action

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf