Author Topic: Bikini Tops and No Shirts  (Read 10844 times)

Offline phil1839

Bikini Tops and No Shirts
« on: July 26, 2009, 10:08:04 AM »
I am prepared to be shot down in flames on this and I am not normally controversial but I wish that people visiting the village as holidaymakers wouldn't walk through the centre of the village in Bikini Tops and no shirts on. This is a relatively small village in a Moslem country country and I wish people would realise it. It is not the sea front at Calis or Olu Deniz. I know it is really hot at the moment but some of the old men nearly choked on their cay. That is my moan for the year.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 10:12:25 AM »
I won't shoot you down - I agree with you! I also wish they would cover up when in the restaurants as well. Nothing more off putting that a sweaty body opposite you as you try to enjoy your meal.

Offline mikrik

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 10:19:47 AM »
Me too! Nothing worse than a big fat yob, half naked and covered in tattoos, :o wandering around followed by the husband and kids.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 10:21:04 AM by mikrik »

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 10:21:08 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by mikrik

Me too! Nothing worse than a big fat yob half naked and covered in tattoos wandering around followed by the husband and kids.

:D:Dpmsl

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 10:35:05 AM »
Phil  - totally agree.  We've always instilled in Lottie the importance of respect for the turkish culture and she even covers up when Ibrihim or other Turkish visitors arrive when she is by the pool.  (I just tighten the marquee around me knees a little...!). It doesn't take a lot of thought.....just consideration and respect for others :(

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 10:51:17 AM »
Much to the annoyance of our kids we always insisted that they cover up when out in public. I can only hope that when they visit Turkey in the years ahead that this remains the case.

Offline Sharon_Lawtey

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 11:00:51 AM »
i also agree, especially when eating

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2009, 11:05:58 AM »
Some people have no sense at all.  Its bad enough to see them walking about wearing bikini tops outside the Mosque in Hisaronu or Fethiye, but even worse in a non touristy place like Uzumlu.  Sadly I suspect those people don't read this site.

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2009, 11:09:16 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Rindaloo

Some people have no sense at all.  Its bad enough to see them walking about wearing bikini tops outside the Mosque in Hisaronu or Fethiye, but even worse in a non touristy place like Uzumlu.  Sadly I suspect those people don't read this site.

Possible they don't read at all 8)

Offline villan

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2009, 11:14:47 AM »
Fully agree,tho of course difficult to enforce and must rely upon good sense and manners of holidaymakers,especially those who read this site.An idea would be for restaurant owners to display signs to the effect that people must be suitably attired,as suggested.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf