Author Topic: Bikini Tops and No Shirts  (Read 10845 times)

Offline phil1839

Bikini Tops and No Shirts
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2009, 15:24:25 PM »
The one on the left looks a cutie. FT if you bring your four friends over when you come back we'll have a night on the town and I'll buy you that drink. I'm gratified that so many people agree with me I thought I was turning into a sad old man, sorry a sadder old man, I thought I'd get that one in before some of my so called friends commented.

Offline Firo

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2009, 16:05:47 PM »
Not sad Phil, we agree totally with you.
I passed a young couple last week, she in bikini top and mini sarong and him footy shorts and no top strolling down towards the garage. They would not walk around like that in their own towns but the sun seems to make them think that it's acceptable to do so here.
I was soooo tempted to stop and politely point out the error of their ways but thought best not as I didn't know how they would react. 8)
It's just a case of respect that those people who do this do not understand.:(
Fi

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2009, 17:08:50 PM »
Whilst I agree with some of what you say, these people are on holiday!, it's hot and the first thing you do is strip off.

They dont live here and they havent aclimatised as we have Phil.

I agree in bars, restaurants and supermarkets they should cover up a bit more for health reasons as well as respect for the Muslim population.

I was on Olu Deniz beach today 8) and there were topless women there who should never be allowed to go topless and I got to thinking maybe a lisence be issued when you enter the beach for going topless:D also for the guys wearing budgie smugglers and thongs :-\,shouldn't be allowed!!!

and that male belly dancer at Sugar Beach, it ain't natural I tell ya:D

Tinx ;)

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2009, 17:11:18 PM »
On our last trip we ate out in a nice bar at Fethiye harbour.  Within a couple of minutes of us sitting down the next door table was hijacked by a group of middle age 'Jerry Springer rejects'.  The 'ladies' (and I use the word liberally !) in bikini tops and the tatooed beer-bellied men naked from the waist up - sweating in bucketfuls.  Our lunch suddenly lost its appeal !!

Offline Twin Bee

• The Artist Formerly Known As
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2009, 17:29:54 PM »
Having the Union Jack as a fashion emblem in Turkey is almost as bad!

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2009, 18:05:27 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by pookie

the next door table was hijacked by a group of middle age 'Jerry Springer rejects'.  The 'ladies' (and I use the word liberally !) in bikini tops and the tatooed beer-bellied men naked from the waist up - sweating in bucketfuls.  

Oh, it was you on the next table to us, if I`d known I would have said hello   : :)

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2009, 19:06:59 PM »
I always say if you wouldn't walk around your own town in what you'd wear on holiday, then why do it in someone else's town? AS for being a muslim country, I agree that we should be modest and respectful of their culture which includes dress code.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2009, 19:21:11 PM »
Unless of course you're a Turkish barman.!!

:) :)

Offline stephen4355

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2009, 19:27:14 PM »
I totally agree... respect and all that for others... It is not nice anyways and certainly out of place away from beach...
Was at Dalaman last night.. Yuk. fat gross english guy tatoos and all etc for all to enjoy in the restaurant area.. Not trhat I was eating there... It was sooooooo gross... him and food not to mention off reality prices...

quote:
Originally posted by phil1839

I am prepared to be shot down in flames on this and I am not normally controversial but I wish that people visiting the village as holidaymakers wouldn't walk through the centre of the village in Bikini Tops and no shirts on. This is a relatively small village in a Moslem country country and I wish people would realise it. It is not the sea front at Calis or Olu Deniz. I know it is really hot at the moment but some of the old men nearly choked on their cay. That is my moan for the year.

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2009, 19:34:29 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by tinkerman

Whilst I agree with some of what you say, these people are on holiday!, it's hot and the first thing you do is strip off.

They dont live here and they havent aclimatised as we have Phil.

:D

Tinx ;)

Sorry I have no sympathy.  If they are hot they can still wear light clothing that looks decent, and maybe hats to protect them from the sun.  : :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf