Author Topic: Tourism boost???  (Read 5007 times)

Offline jsp51

Tourism boost???
« on: July 26, 2009, 11:21:19 AM »
On returning to England last week, I noticed that 2 cafe/bars on the upper floor at Dalaman airport had closed. I then looked at the other side of the hall and noticed a very healthy queue of very unhealthy people at Mcdonalds. It was then I had my flash of inspiration, why not open a Mcdonalds in Uzumlu. Imagine that, all those baldy heads, football shirts, nylon shorts, tatoos, body piercings,beerbellies and unruly kids all flocking to the village to get their sweaty fat mits on their fave junk food.
Everyone would benefit, dolmus's would be full, bar owners would be coining it in, local trdesman would be over whelmed, fixing the damage done by the unruly kids, council workers would have to work loads of overtime picking up the dicscarded wrappers and cups, see everyones a winner.
I will have to start a petition when I come back in Sept and present it to the Muhtar, we could have a Mcdonalds by the end of the year, wow I'm getting excited now.
If you go down the main road to the statue then turn right, there are a couple of empty buildings there on the left that would make a good Mcdonalds.
On reflection they are about 200yds from main rd, far to far for the average Mcdonldite to walk. How about the winehouse that would make a great MMM Mcdonalds.
The quiz could still be held there with 2Mcnuggets and a spicy wing as the last prize and a triple whopper with cheese and chips as the main prize.
I am surprised no one has thought of this venture before, I will be in the market square with my petition during Sept, please come and sign it.
Look forward to seeing you all in sept,

Offline mikrik

Tourism boost???
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 11:46:52 AM »
Hi John
Weather must be bad in Dudley. Next thing you'll be suggesting that the statue of Attaturk be re-painted with the stars and stripes :D:D:D
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 11:48:53 AM by mikrik »

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Tourism boost???
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 12:01:54 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by jsp51

I am surprised no one has thought of this venture before, I will be in the market square with my petition during Sept, please come and sign it.
Look forward to seeing you all in sept,

oh but they have, haven't they Scunner...

Offline jsp51

Tourism boost???
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 12:04:02 PM »
What a brilliant idea!! surprised a well seasoned inventer of good ideas like me never thought of that before.
One problem though, i have not yet seen any tins of striped paint in Turkey.

Offline jsp51

Tourism boost???
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 12:07:24 PM »
Thanks for that Rindaloo, looks like it is back to the drawing board to try to boost tourism in the village.
I am gutted!!
Now wheres my paint brush?

Offline calvin 1949

Tourism boost???
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 12:08:01 PM »
Perhaps the unused garage could be a drive thru, ;)

Offline jsp51

Tourism boost???
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 12:11:06 PM »
By the way, weather is not bad in Dudley, it's bloody awfull, wall to wall rain since we got back, I don't think we have had one day without rain since returning on 13th.
Keep a bit of that sun for us in Sept we will need it to dry out.

Offline jsp51

Tourism boost???
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2009, 12:13:28 PM »
Calvin, drive throu as well, even better there would be loads of litter to be picked up from the main road as well, this is getting exciting now.

Offline phil1839

Tourism boost???
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2009, 12:26:17 PM »
If possible could we have a McDonalds that also sold Efes. Then as we roll out of there drunk with our burgers we could spill them onto the road like the doner kebabs in England. It would be like being home except with sun!!!

Offline jsp51

Tourism boost???
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2009, 12:42:17 PM »
Phil, you don't get it, the idea was to get more business for everone so you stuff yourself full of burgers in the Mcdonalds, then you go to Grapes garden and swill them down with loads of efes, though I think your normal Mcdonaldite would have to have about 10 bottles of Bud, and their husbands might have the efes.
You could throw your left overs and paper in the street on the way round, and then of couse you could spew and wee in the street on the way home, just like Saturday night in UK. Brill!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf