Author Topic: Noisy Builders  (Read 3926 times)

Offline villan

Noisy Builders
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2009, 10:51:46 AM »
In this moment of weakness,I confess I am from West Hartlepool..famous for hanging the monkey and recently electing one as mayor(who is doing a good job tho only paid peanuts).So don`t  discount the idea....and as a former barrister(now defrocked) I know that the law is an ass!Please post photos of your nominations and brief manifestoes(or is it "donkeyfestoes"?)

Offline phil1839

Noisy Builders
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2009, 17:04:00 PM »
Just for your info. Pookie at this moment in time there are 4 Donkeys parked outside your villa, they have been there for a week, I think they are waiting for Mumsie and her friend to arrive.
On a more serious note they are again chipping away at the mountain  this evening, I don't know who the builders are I will have a walk up sometime tomorrow and see if I can ascertain if it is Tufan. I am surprised that people on that estate aren't sitting outside the Mayors office to get it sorted the noise must be horrendous there. The question is how many tourists and tourist villas does it take to make it a Tourist area so that building has to stop in May until October?

Offline Eric

Noisy Builders
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2009, 17:34:41 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by villan

Speaking selfishly,I am not affected but I guess that even in this one-donkey village there must be some noise-pollution,nuisance law or (again)has this been bought by influential builders to the detriment of us pilgrims.Yes,I am not impressed by this Council and yes I do not think that  we foreigners are getting a fair crack and yes I know that I can bugger off back to where I came from and yes there are probably about 4 donkeys in the village (survey?)and yes I am leaving this thread open-ended to invite(incite?)comment and debate.All those with a half-decent road/access to their property need not reply!Have a nice day and start circling them wagons!!

I'm with you Jan, totally agree.  Meet you inside that wagon circle ;)

Offline calvin 1949

Noisy Builders
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2009, 17:46:41 PM »
Its all quite down on the prairie not a donkey or J C B in site, new building rules must have sent them scurring to them thar hills:PCalvin:D
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 17:47:35 PM by calvin 1949 »

Offline hamilton

Noisy Builders
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2009, 18:25:44 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by hamilton

quote:
Originally posted by phil1839

Just for your info. Pookie at this moment in time there are 4 Donkeys parked outside your villa, they have been there for a week, I think they are waiting for Mumsie and her friend to arrive.
On a more serious note they are again chipping away at the mountain  this evening, I don't know who the builders are I will have a walk up sometime tomorrow and see if I can ascertain if it is Tufan. I am surprised that people on that estate aren't sitting outside the Mayors office to get it sorted the noise must be horrendous there. The question is how many tourists and tourist villas does it take to make it a Tourist area so that building has to stop in May until October?

Oops my finger slipped.

it is not Tufan making the racket, it's the Colditz site by the cemetary, in my previous reply I said it is about to get worse, the reason being is that Tufan are about to start landscaping what was going to be GW2, which now is going to be a mansion c/w tennis and basketball courts, instead of 10 villas, makes a lot of sense on a side of a mountain. For those close by the noise is not the major problem, it is the dust, unable to sit outside or use the pool on a roasting day in August is unbearable. Last year we took a holiday to get away from it. I have asked Tufan why they have waited until the middle of summer to start, their reply was 'it is better for us' Obviously we would prefer the work to be carried out in the wetter/colder months of the year, we are sure the builders would too.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Noisy Builders
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2009, 21:06:35 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by phil1839

Phil -  bring you chocolate if you move them on by next Saturday night...... ;) 8)

Offline friar tuck

Noisy Builders
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2009, 21:57:49 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by calvin 1949

Its all quite down on the prairie not a donkey or J C B in site, new building rules must have sent them scurring to them thar hills:PCalvin:D

I thought it was Ostriches that made the noise down your end Calvin  ;)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 09:36:35 AM by friar tuck »

Offline lanky

Noisy Builders
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2009, 18:24:48 PM »
There must be a law somewhere concerning noise pollution, or is it only implemented in areas where money is the key factor. Obviously Uzumlu is quite low on on the authorities list of priorities. Not only are we a crime hot spot, but we are now being constantly assailed by the noise of the groundwork being carried out above the cemetary.I now make regular trips to Calis for a bit of peace and quite

Offline Firo

Noisy Builders
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2009, 18:31:55 PM »
There is a law about noise pollution even in Uzumlu but I cannot remember if it was a cut off time of 6pm or 7pm. The belidiere told us a long time ago so I suggest some of you affected go up to ask the question and if it falls outside the times report them.
Fi

Offline phil1839

Noisy Builders
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2009, 18:41:04 PM »
I know some Turkish people have reported it to the Jandarma and they have told the digger driver to stop making the noise but as it is still going on he obviously doesn't give a s**t. I would have thought that the Jandarma would have liaised with the Belediyesi about these calls, but then again perhaps not!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf