Author Topic: Date for your Diary  (Read 3597 times)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Date for your Diary
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2009, 21:20:12 PM »
try it on then!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Date for your Diary
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2009, 21:22:30 PM »
One day I will, that dog can't live forever :D

Offline Eric

Date for your Diary
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2009, 22:45:50 PM »
Bl**dy h*ll, you could put a saddle on that and ride it into town, that would cut down on petrol costs:D

Offline Pi55y

Date for your Diary
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2009, 11:20:39 AM »
To get back on topic, for those who are interested in helping out with the Calis Carnival and fundraising events for 2010 we are holding the first committee meeting of the new season on Wednesday 30 September at 2.00 pm at Roca Restaurant, Calis (just along from Cafe Pazar opposite entrance to Sunday market).  If you are interested please e-mail me.  Thanks :D
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 11:22:00 AM by Pi55y »

Offline sunnyd

Date for your Diary
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2009, 23:40:44 PM »
This is the same reply that I made to the post from Captain Squiffy about me, sunnyd (Nikkie), being made a moderator on the forum.
But I also thought that the same post could be made here under 'Calis Carnival' as I attended the carnival meeting....

The meeting was a great insight to ALL of the hard work that the Carnival committee and helpers do!

We can all sit back and enjoy the build up to, the week of, and the main event being.. the Calis Carnival. And then (!!) comment on the experience!...
BUT to actually be there, to plan, and DO IT, is a different story, as I personally found out today!

There is A LOT... and I mean A LOT!! of hard work and personal sacrifice that goes in to every aspect of the Carnival.
They have a great committee, fundraising and sponsorship network... but the residents of Calis, Turkish, British and European alike should get involved in someway  8)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 23:41:37 PM by sunnyd »

Offline sugarybaba

Date for your Diary
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2009, 03:38:29 AM »
Well said Nikkie - think the carnival committe are worth their weight in gold and they do a sterling job for very little thanks and take lots of (IMHO)uncalled for critisism along the way !
I support you all 150 percent and know that I could not do it full time  ;)without committing murder !!!!!!:D: :)
I personally put my energies into the animal world in Calis/Fethiye as that is my passion - along with lots of other like minded friends
We are all here to make yhis place great to live in  
Its just a pity that the whingers don't redirect their energy to a worthy cause and help you lot rather than critisise what you do
Love Sue x

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Date for your Diary
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2009, 17:32:16 PM »
Hi Nikkie. It was good to meet you yesterday. The turn out was brilliant, many more than we expected. If we all stay the course it should be a super year. Anne xx

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Date for your Diary
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2009, 17:56:21 PM »
It was nice to meet people yesterday, I wa impressed with everyone's enthusiasm both Turkish and English. I am looking forward to helping where I can.
Mark

Offline Pi55y

Date for your Diary
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2009, 21:51:09 PM »
Yes we had 25 at the first meeting and another 4 who want to help but could not make the meeting - a great start and we hope everyone will stay the course.  There were lots of new ideas and much enthusiasm and hopefully 2010 Carnival will be the best ever :D

Offline ronzeus

Date for your Diary
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2009, 10:27:24 AM »
I know the amount of work that it takes to do this and i think that you all do a great job on the committee,by the way what size of trainers does that dog take as they look huge?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf