Author Topic: Living accomadation  (Read 2065 times)

Offline blues

« on: September 11, 2009, 11:04:10 AM »
Could any body advise us how we go about applying for the living accomadation.Also if you have not got living accomadation do you have to pay council tax.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Living accomadation
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 11:50:00 AM »
Are you talking about a Habitation Certificate or Licence ?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Living accomadation
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 12:47:14 PM »
Assuming it is, yes you pay council tax and you are also paying a higher rate for your utilities. It can be done, not by you or me but it's not something that costs a few quid. Your builder should have supplied this to you as part of the deal when you bought, unless it was clearly stated that it wouldn't be. If the property has been around quite a few years you may have further problems (and with further problems in Turkey comes further expense).

Offline chris tippett

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 14:33:58 PM »
Dear Blues, I think what you are referring to is called 'Living Permission'. We too did not get it from our builders when we eventually got our tapu and as a result we could not pay our annual property tax or water bill to the Beledere. We pestered our builders and finally they opened up a cabinet and were given a copy!! Hope this helps.

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
Living accomadation
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 16:53:35 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by chris tippett

Dear Blues, I think what you are referring to is called 'Living Permission'. We too did not get it from our builders when we eventually got our tapu and as a result we could not pay our annual property tax or water bill to the Beledere. We pestered our builders and finally they opened up a cabinet and were given a copy!! Hope this helps.

I thought that as well when I read these two posts.   8)

quote:
Originally posted by KayaKoyuOldBoy

Are you talking about a Habitation Certificate or Licence ?

AND

quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

Assuming it is, yes you pay council tax and you are also paying a higher rate for your utilities. It can be done, not by you or me but it's not something that costs a few quid. Your builder should have supplied this to you as part of the deal when you bought, unless it was clearly stated that it wouldn't be. If the property has been around quite a few years you may have further problems (and with further problems in Turkey comes further expense).

Offline blues

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 12:12:19 PM »
May I thank everybody who has replide to me and advised me what route to take

Blues

Offline Old Daffodil

Living accomadation
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 21:42:40 PM »
Have you made enquiries at your local Belediye or council in Uzumlu? The Turkish name for your habitation certificate is YAPI KULLANMA IZIN BELGESI.

We helped a lady when she fell out with her builder and she wanted to pay the Belediye some money. The habitation certificate was in a folder at the Belediye office.They gave it to her on presentation of identity I do not know if this is usual. :)

It cost nothing to pick it up from there.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 20:38:56 PM by Daffodil »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf